CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty and world hunger by working alongside women and girls.
Human Resources Coordinator Job Vacancy at CARE
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. In 2020, CARE worked in 104 countries, reaching 90 million people through more than 1,300 programs. Every single one of those 90 million people has a story of resilience, community, strength, and hope—all things that bind us together, across every corner of the globe. CARE began working in Tanzania in April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate-smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit the self-motivated, result driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill the following positions in different projects
Human Resources Coordinator for Country Office to be based in Dar es Salaam
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that CARE Tanzania is provided with appropriate numbers of well-motivated, high performing staff, and for managing all aspect of HR administration in accordance with best practice. The position works closely with managers (supervisors) to ensure all HR needs are met. The position will be assigned to champion HRMIS, Contract Management, Records Management and Separation – across the organization providing leadership on this functions to other members of the HR team while working closely with the Director of HR and Operations for guidance and support. The position will direct report to the Director of HR and Operations and will be based in Dar es Salaam.
- Ensure that CARE Tanzania is provided with appropriate numbers of adequately qualified and competent staff
- Staff Development and Performance Management
- Support Project Management Teams in implementing an impactful portfolio of projects by building the capacity of partners’ organisations to implement best practice in HR Management
- Coordination of Talent Management and Development for Capacity Building to CARE Tanzania staff
- Provide support on effective implementation of CARE Tanzania’s rewards management system
- Coordinate and support the physical and emotional well-being of CARE Tanzania staff to contribute to development of a well-motivated and high-performing team
- Manage all aspects of HR administration and record keeping in accordance with best practices while always ensuring legal compliance
- Promote Gender Equality
Human Resources Coordinator Job Vacancy at CARE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or ither professional membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or other certificating body or post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management
- 5 years’ experience in the Human Resources space preferred within the development sector (international or national organisation)
- Experience in up-to-date best practices in talent management, recruitment, performance management, employee engagement and motivation
- Good knowledge and experience in the application of Tanzanian Labour laws
- Experience of managing or coordinating the learning and development function
- At least 3 years’ experience and good knowledge of an HR Information Management System
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy, working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge and practical skills in facilitation and implementation of workplace learning; understanding of best practice in adult learning
- Excellent report-writing, communication skills and facilitation skills, including native Kiswahili and strong English language skills.
- Excellent planning skills, organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver and work with others and collaborate as part of a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A high level of creativity, attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality and participatory approach
How to apply
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 19th September 2022 at 1700hrs. To apply, please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
To apply for this job email your details to TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org