Website Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer.
Human Resources Officer- 01 Positions Advertisement
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga
Report: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Summary: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectare Mwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Responsible for recruiting junior staffs, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures and also responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making the company a better place to work.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining company culture
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Managing every aspect of the employment process including orientation and training of new staffs
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process for junior cadre.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, leaves and ED) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Human Resources Officer Job Vacancy at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources and Information Management OR Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration or its equivalent.
- HR Certification from Accredited Institution
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Strong technical skills of HR Matrix/MIS Analysis.
- Strong Knowledge in Labour Laws.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office/excel and programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English/Swahili
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Attentive to details
- Customer relations
- Team Player
- Strong ethics and Reliability
Mode of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 15th October, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Mwadui – Shinyanga.
Or drop the same through the following email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 31st October, 2022 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872+255 767 744 617;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com