Website International School of Tanganyika ( IST )
The International School of Tanganyika, founded in 1963, is an international school in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
IB MYP Coordinator Job Vacancy at International School of Tanganyika ( IST )
|Title||IB Middle Years Program Coordinator (IB MYP)||Category(cf Policy 5.101)||Teacher|
|Reports to:||Director of Teaching and Learning||Department:||Secondary School|
|Job Holder||Start date:||August 01, 2024|
IST Foundational Documents
Challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people.
All students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems, local and global.
They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence. Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act kindly, fairly, and responsibly.
All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision.
Statement of Values
All members of the IST community are:
- Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
- Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
- Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care, kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity and integrity.
- Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum.
- Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences.
IST Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our schoolʼs mission, vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
- Personalized Learning:
- The written, taught and assessed curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all learners
- Creation and implementation of the technology plan in order to ensure that future developments of media and information technology address the long-term needs of the school.
- Professional learning opportunities are designed to have a positive on impact student learning. (d) Ensure IST is recognized globally as an exemplary IB World School.
(e) Continued development of ISTʼs inclusion programs to support personalized experiences for all learners.
- Engaged Community:
- Build and sustain a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the school community.
- Continued development of partnerships with local and global individuals, organizations and alumni to enhance student learning.
- Develop and review processes and systems to enhance communication within the IST community
- Ensured Sustainability:
- Continued review and implementation of master site plan – with focus on inclusion and access as well as facilities to support innovative programs
- Review procedures to retain and recruit employees who are aligned with our strategic plan.
- Improve ISTʼs ability to work more sustainably and align environmental frameworks to improve our educational experiences and operations.
- Enhance processes for creating, auditing and reviewing IST policy and procedure documents.
Summary of the Role
The MYP Coordinator reports to the Director of Teaching and Learning. The MYP Coordinator is a crucial link between the school and the IBO. He or she is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Middle Years Programme and to actively endorse and promote the principles that underpin it. Additionally, the MYP Coordinator will be expected to provide pedagogical leadership that builds and sustains a healthy MYP culture amongst all secondary faculty.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience: 2+ yearsʼ IB MYP coordinator
- A Masterʼs Degree preferred with specialization in education, administration, or related fields
- At least five years of relevant IB MYP leadership and/or teaching experience (d) Teaching Credentials
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Educational leader and outstanding teacher
- Sound decision making, solutions focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams
- Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of IB Standards and Practices, and expert knowledge of the MYP curriculum framework
- Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action
- Internationally minded, emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
- Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
- Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
The MYP Coordinator will be accountable and responsible for:
- informing and advising the school leadership and, where necessary, the school community regarding all aspects of the Middle Years Programme
- planning the MYP in cooperation with the Director of Teaching and Learning and the Secondary admin team including strategic and action planning, allocation of resources and establishment of priorities to ensure continuous program improvement;
- overseeing the implementation and delivery of the MYP, including budget;
- participating in the scheduling process to ensure that the schedule supports student learning in the MYP;
- providing advice, and support to all teachers as well as keeping staff informed of all current developments with the MYP including advising the appropriate faculty of any new publications
relevant to their subject areas and/or positions within the school;
- chairing regular MYP faculty meetings;
- leading the understanding and appreciation of the MYP within the IST school community;
- promoting the MYP with the IST school community
- organising the formal procedures in preparation for moderation, certification and programme evaluation;
- maintaining regular contact with the IBO and assuming overall responsibility for administering, distributing, completing and returning all relevant documentation pertaining to the MYP;
- maintaining accurate school and student information via IBIS;
- supporting and advising teaching staff regarding the administration of the MYP and ensuring that all moderation and final mark requirements are met by the stipulated deadlines;
- ensuring that moderation samples are complete prior to mailing;
- overseeing the development, implementation and administration of the personal project and work with the Personal Project supervisor to ensure the continuity of the personal project;
- liaising, as appropriate, with other MYP coordinators elsewhere;
- organising, attending and leading such MYP community information session as required;
- attending Leaders of Learning, Team Leader and Board of Director meetings as required;
- preparing an annual KPI report for the Secondary administration and Board of Directors following each moderation session;
- attending the IB regional conference as needed and report back to the Secondary school the relevant information gleaned from the conference;
- assessing the professional development needs of MYP teachers and coordinating their participation in MYP workshops;
- representing the MYP on school committees when necessary;
- inducting new faculty, students and parents into the MYP;
- collaborating with the service learning supervisor for students in grades 6 to 10 and ensuring that each student meets the community and service requirements during the transition to an embedded service learning program;
- leading the IB MYP five year self-study process when it occurs
IB MYP Coordinator Job Vacancy at International School of Tanganyika ( IST )
- liaising with the leaders of learning to ensure a scope and sequence is in place and adhered to for each academic department;
- ensuring the consistency and development of unit planners in each academic department;
- establishing and maintaining a record of completed MYP planners;
- ensuring a scope and sequence is in place and adhered to for the ATLʼs across the grade levels;
- ensuring an overall scope and sequence for the global contexts across subject areas;
- providing leadership that builds and sustains a healthy MYP culture amongst all faculty;
- leading and participating in curriculum review and development for each academic department;
- developing interdisciplinary links through Grade levels and subject departments;
- leading the integration of embedded service learning programs in each Grade from 6 – 10 including the ESP;
- working with the PYP Coordinator and DP Coordinator to ensure overall curriculum continuity with the PYP and DP in the school and between the programs
Perform any other duties as designated by the Director of Teaching and Learning.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit applyinternational.com.