Website Airtel Tanzania PLC
Tanzania's leading provider of prepaid, postpaid mobile, Internet services & Mobile Money.
Internal Audit Manager Job Vacancy at Airtel Tanzania PLC
About the job
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for an Internal Auditing Manager within the Internal Assurance Department for Airtel Money. The role reports to the Head of Internal Assurance. The Incumbents will be responsible to provide assurance to management on the state of internal controls, processes and laid down procedures for Airtel Money Tanzania in line with the company’s objective, Airtel Group policies and the regulatory requirements,
it aims at highlighting material findings and areas of improvement to management and the board of directors to reduce the risk of non-compliance, fraud, and strategic failures.
The role entails the execution of internal audit reviews per the approved audit plan, additionally it requires driving control environment culture within the organization.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1. Audit planning
- Work with the Board Audit Committee and Management to perform audit risk assessment through review of business processes and reported findings, which will enable internal audit planning.
- Formulate internal audit plan (calendar) in line with the Audit risk assessment conducted.
2. Execution of Audit Review
- Perform audit review according to the approved audit plan and in line with international audit standards.
- Periodic review of business processes and suggest areas of improvement while ensure compliance to regulatory requirement, Airtel group requirement and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Lead the auditing process and successful completion of financial and operational audits.
- Interact with management to gather necessary information.
- Perform various risk and control assessments.
- Draft audit comments and report issues to support findings identified during the fieldwork.
- Coordinate and support audit reviews conducted by the Internal Audit partners.
- Report the Audit observation to management and the board audit committee (BAC) for remedial action and mitigate re occurrence.
3. Monitor Implementation of audit actions.
- Monitoring and tracking the implementation status of reported audit actions points, including conducting validation to ensure compliance.
- Engagement with functional heads to ensure timely closure of audit actions.
- Escalation of challenges faced in closing actions.
- Liaison with Group Head of internal Assurance to identify learnings from reviews and fraud investigations conducted in other units or OpCos so that these can be shared and implemented.
- Align with regulatory teams for all key regulatory KPI’s relation to Airtel Money Business, ensure compliance is tracked, measured and non- compliance are reported on timely manner.
- Identify the complete route course analysis in case of regulatory breaches and action plan for breaches are committed by responsible management personnel.
- Ensure effective process design in line with regulatory landscape and Airtel’s policy.
Drive effective adherence to Regulatory standards and requirements.
5. Anti-Fraud management
- Drive the Anti-fraud awareness programs to Airtel Money employees.
- Lead Airtel Money fraud investigations – in liaison with the Group Head of Internal Assurance
- Design and Implements fraud detective and preventive controls, ensure timely reporting of fraud cases.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on fraud consequence management.
6.Professional business advice to management and Key Controls
- Discuss and provide professional advice to Airtel Money Director and the business appropriately on matters relating to Internal Controls, risk and fraud.
- Effective research and analysis of available reports/information Research and analyses business trends/information/documentation and advise controls and audit related risks on issues.
- Monitor adherence to standards and action plans agreed during engagements relating to regulatory compliance audit etc.
- Review the implementation of key control compliance as designed by Airtel Group.
Internal Audit Manager Job Vacancy at Airtel Tanzania PLC
7.Special Audit assignments as per instructions from Airtel Money Director
- Formulate and execute ad-hoc audit project based on instruction or request from the Airtel Money Director, or management.
- Perform and lead periodic assessment and testing of key controls.
- Ensure timely completion of audits and submission of reports.
Academic and Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or other related fields
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/ACCA/Professional qualification in Audit, Risk or Compliance
- Essential: Minimum 5 years of experience in Internal Audit / Risk Management / Compliance
- Desirable: Experience in a Telecom / Banking /Service Industry
Competencies and Behavior:
- Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business.
- Must be self-driven, energetic, resourceful, creative, and possess strong leadership skills.
- Ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
- Good organizational and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail.
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
The deadline for the application is 13th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.