National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
This is a critical role that encompasses end to end monitoring and reporting on systems & applications availability, incident and problem management and perform business impact analysis with respect to system availability including provision of MIS.
This role offers second and third level support of the digital technology services by ensuring: operation, availability, maintenance, and enhancement of all digital applications, systems and tools including necessary hardware (H/W), software (S/W) and is an integral and reliable component of business versus technology delivery.
ATM Operations – 20%
- Manage all ATM related issues, compliance and projects.
- MIS reporting on ATM technical issues and support infrastructure for ATM as per regulatory standards.
- Ensure ATM monitoring process is in place and monitoring is done and escalation conducted within agreed timelines.
- Manage ATM commissioning and decommissioning process as per regulatory requirement.
- Ensure transparency on ATM infrastructure by developing and maintaining current database of ATM inventory, indicating location, configuration and operational status.
- Manage ATM hardware including sparrow switch, Software, Processes, Procedures support compliance with both internal and external regulatory standards.
- Responsible for ATM related Projects from planning to implementation.
- Support and Implement changes/fixes within ATM portfolio.
- Manage and implement controls on the ATM risk related issue eg fraudulent control measure.
Digital Channels Operations, Projects and Risks related to Internet banking, NBC Connect, Agency Banking and Mobile banking – 50%
- Manage Systems Administration end to end.
- Manage Systems Monitoring and troubleshooting end to end until resolution.
- Effective escalation on faults related to systems per the escalation matrix.
- Oversee the future demand of the systems and plan accordingly.
- Extract reports per management requests.
Incidents and Problem Management – 20%
- Take ownership on all IT digital channels related Problems.
- Classify problems, determining priority, impact and category and owning resolution.
- Stand in as a solid subject matter expert on all IT digital and ATMs related incidents and problems by determining and digging to the root cause.
- Co-ordinate error handling analysis and diagnosis of problems and own the overall action plan to closure including recommending service improvement projects and avoid major breakouts.
- Liaise with other external suppliers to ensure that problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Resolves problem ownership disputes, escalating where necessary.
- Ensure that known errors are correctly logged against relevant items.
- Ensure that all workarounds are fully documented and communicated.
- Ensure that solutions are implemented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Advise management on the best route to resolve issues and get competitive benefit in digital channels by continuously improving the service and returns to the stakeholders.
Risk Management – 10%
- Build relationships with country IT Risk and Governance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls, compliance requirements and anti-fraud strategies.
- Recommend and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets (whenever required).
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hardware and software specifications for IT and communication systems.
- Expert level knowledge and skills with MS Office suite especially MS Excel.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrate ability and experience to develop and defend business recommendations and budgetary plans.
- Understand ATM hardware and monitoring tools is essential.
- A creative thinker who is always looking for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies while remaining open-minded.
- Adept at identifying problems, finding solutions and correcting the situation.
- Strong Communication/Influencing skills and managing multiple stakeholders across geography and customer relationships.
IT Digital Channels Specialist Job Vacancy at NBC
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in digital banking.
- ITIL v3 Certification (preferred).
- Knowledge of Banking/Branch Operations.
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.