Website Johari Rotana
Striking contemporary property with elegant design and outstanding facilities in a prime location in the Central Business District of Dar es Salaam
Kitchen – Sous Chef (In Charge) Job Vacancy at Johari Rotana
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self-motivated Food and Beverage production professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Sous Chef, you are responsible for assisting the Specialty Outlet Chef in the day-to-day operation, taking over all responsibilities during his / her absence, striving for the highest possible Guest satisfaction.
General Duties And Responsibilities-
- Maintain the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards. Ensure the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety as per the ADFCA, HACCP guidelines to ensure that the food served to the Guest is of highest quality and standard.
- Ensure that all dishes leaving the Kitchen are of appropriate portion and presented as per recipes and presentation standards set by the Outlet Chef
- Work in close cooperation with all other key departments in the Hotel to ensure a smooth operation.
- Control the food cost by preparing / reviewing all store requisitions and direct purchases and ensure the accurate delivery of goods in order to achieve the budgeted profitability.
- Attend required meetings and conduct daily briefings with your team members (in the absence of the specialty Outlet Chef) ensuring efficient communication, to run his kitchen smoothly.
- Handle Guest complaints/suggestions/requests directly to achieve high Guest satisfaction.
- Ensure Employee Development in your kitchen team in order to train/guide/motivate your team members to achieve highest quality standards set by the Employee Development Department and the Department Head
- Plan effectively all FF&E and Operating equipment for Kitchen to ensure a smooth operation.
- Conduct competition checks (as instructed) to assist the Hotel in being updated and competitive in the local market.
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Front Office Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies-
Understanding the Job
To apply for this job please visit www.rotanacareers.com.