Website Japan Tobacco International (JTI) / TCC
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom.
Legal Affairs Manager Job Vacancy at Japan Tobacco International
Title: Legal Affairs Manager
Professional level: Experienced
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Legal Affairs Manager
The Legal Affairs Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Legal & Company Secretary (the Manager) on all legal matters affecting the business operations of TCC and JTILS; to achieve corporate/commercial objectives in a manner that ensures compliance with the law, JTI’s Code of Conduct, various policies and procedures and appropriate management of legal risk. Taking full advantage of this understanding and knowledge of the operating environment is key to securing our commercial and operating freedoms whilst minimizing risk and improving competitive advantage. To protect and defend the interests of the TCC and JTILS.
What will you do – responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager (as a member of the TCC Local Management) in defining and implementing an overall market strategy that ensures clarity and accountability for attaining business goals and targets, and cost-effectiveness overall
- Advise the Manager on ways to lead the department as well as external advisors (including third-party lawyers), coordinate split of duties and delegate work, assess and implement the budget; prepare and complete department projects, and assist the Manager in overall company business planning process; ensure reports in line with JTI requirements, and ensure achievement of KPI’s by the team
- To carry out legal research as needed and provide legal advice to the company in a manner that allows for the achievement of the business objectives of JTI
- Provide legal support to TCC and JTILS operations in their daily and strategic activities. Lead all aspects of compliance with law and internal guidelines in the daily business operations as well as carry out all related statutory filing and updates at the Registrar of Companies
- Management of contracts and all other legal documents for TCC and JTILS including drafting, reviewing, and filling / custody, in line with the Local Contract Management Policy and other related policies and guidelines
- Corporate Governance and secretarial management: ensure accurate corporate controls and policies are implemented, lead efficient tax/legal structure of financing the entity, initiate/implement amendments to articles of association and internal by-laws
- Corporate Governance – ensure and audit compliance of JTI activities with JTI policies and procedures/JSOX and binding national laws, taking part in legal analysis of JTI projects and handling them to achieve compliance with legislation (in particular with competition laws); driving Corporate Compliance activities in Tanzania
- To support the People & Culture department on all labor-related issues, both internal and external, as well as to lead all litigation by and against the Business
- To ensure regular review and legal compliance on brand issues. In particular, to interpret and guide the branding teams on tobacco regulations, International Marketing Principles, and all other laws on branding and where applicable to review and draft agreements to support business
- To collaborate with tobacco industry stakeholders as required, and support the business in engagements with stakeholders on tobacco regulation, market reforms, & general law enforcement. To agree with regulatory and industry bodies
- To advise on and facilitate all business licensing, and to perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Legal Affairs & Company Secretary
Who are we looking for – requirements:
- University degree in law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice or equivalent
- 5+ years of working experience in corporate, commercial, company, and tax laws, with FMCG companies or institutions
- Experience in competition/anti-trust law is an added advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Competent MS Office user such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Good Project Management and Presentation skills
- Financial knowledge, and Interpersonal skills
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
We provide feedback to all candidates.
Talent Advisor based in JTI Global Business Service in Poland may call you with the phone code +48.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jti.com.