Website Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
Loan Officer Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) has registered a sister Company – Microfinance Institution which aims to transform existing revolving funds operated in GN Partnership Countries into official Micro Financing Institutions, to ensures affordable financial services for the underserved and seeks to promote inclusive social economy.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for a motivated, experienced Loan Officer to join our newly established microfinance Institution on the following roles;
Position: Loan Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Contract extension is subject to funding availability, performance and/or mutual agreement).
Under the overall authority of the Country Director (CD) of Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ), The loan officer is expected to survey, evaluate and organise groups and individual members for loan applications. She/he will act as liaison between financial institutions, individuals, and businesses applying for loans as well as process loan applications, solicit loans, and act as intermediary for creditors and borrowers. The job holder will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To build and maintain a substantial and high-quality loan portfolio.
- To conduct members recruitment and screening.
- To orient clients to the loan products and services.
- To make groups on all working days in a week, minimum Total clients will be 50.
- Marketing skills should be capable of going outdoors, doing marketing and bringing in customers into the office.
- Make regular contact with the groups and clients in the field.
- To process loan applications, verify client’s income generating activities (IGA) and other related.
- Collect instalments from the clients in groups on a regular basis and on time.
- To manage loan disbursements and monitor & collect loan repayments.
- Verify client’s Guarantor’s house and other necessary documents.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report.
- Facilitate submission of loan applications to Chief Executive Officer for verification, recommendation and approval.
- To provide quality and good customer service to clients.
- Providing financial education to group members and sharing information about the benefits of microfinance to all sectors of the community.
- Oversee at least two group meetings per day and reconcile passbooks.
- To accomplish all the documentation for the day as required.
- Prepare weekly cash requisitions for loan disbursement and other expenditure.
- Loan recovery and follow up is a process that the loan officer must adhere to at times it requires the engagement of an agent or court broker. Make a Non-disclosure Agreement at work.
Support Administration tasks
- Organize filing system and record keeping for important and confidential company documents.
- Drafts administration forms and other related documents.
- Support administrative tasks regarding meetings related to the activities.
- Maintain company calendar, schedule meeting and events. Design and develop promotional materials.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, Banking, Commerce, Marketing or other related studies.
- At least 6 years of experience in the microfinance industry, having a strong knowledge of group loans and Individual Loans.
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal – Relates and works very well with people from different cultures with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environments and backgrounds.
- Excellent Organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assess and organise beneficiaries to form groups
- Ability to monitor the beneficiaries and provide weekly updates and weekly reports
- Ability to work independently under management supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- All interested candidates who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 19th February 2024.
- When applying, please attach a detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), and names and contact details of three referees (one should be current or previous employer).
- All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania,
P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested in working with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.