Besix Ballast Nedam (BBN)
BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited, the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, procurement and Construction
Marine Surveyor Job Vacancy at Besix Ballast Nedam (BBN)
BESIX BALLAST NEDAM (BBN) LIMITED JOB ADVERTISMENT – Marine Surveyor
BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited, the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Jetty and Load Out Facilities in the Tanga Bay for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project, invites job application for Marine Surveyor
Project EACOP – Jetty & Loading Out Facility
Employer BESIX Ballast Nedam Limited (BBN)
Work Location Tanga Port
Position Title Marine Surveyor
Reports To: Survey Manager
Employment Duration March 2024 to July 2025
Job Type Full Time
Purpose and scope of assignment
Marine Surveyor is responsible for preparing land (onshore and offshore sites) for construction and providing data on required measurements. To perform this responsibilities Marine surveyor should have extensive offshore experience in performing complex measurements, analyzing data, and recording results accurately.
• You will be performing all types of surveys such as topographic, geodetic, control, engineering, and route surveys of varying degrees of accuracy, under the supervision of the Survey Manager
• Understand basic concepts of coordinates systems, vertical datums, geodetic controls, topography, positioning, etc.
• Prepare method statement and risk assessment related to scope of work and project specifications.
• Check surveys prepared by others for accuracy, relevance and preparation of survey drawings.
• Establishes horizontal and vertical controls points by use of conventional survey techniques
(Total station, digital level machine) and/or GNSS equipment.
• Able to install, configure, test, and operate topographic and positioning (e.g. barge) survey equipment.
• Able to check and perform necessary calibration of equipment before commencement of work, position, heading check and keep records and logs.
• Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the survey methods statement and applicable QC plan.
• Check and assist in preparation of project drawings or other related deliverables survey reports; keep proper and organized filing of safety and quality records and survey data.
• Keep equipment in good condition as per manufacturer maintenance and safety instructions.
• Follow Company safety rules and other legal requirements.
• Promote safe practices and safe place of work through method statement and risk assessment regular review, job safety analysis, safety and technical toolbox talks, daily task briefing.
Job qualification, experience and skills.
Applicant should possess the following:-
• You should have at least 5 years of experience in Marine surveying.
• You should have at least 5 years of experience in Marine construction, experience in Jetties and/or Pilling works is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in surveying, geomatics, or related field
• Knowledgeable in survey positioning software
• Able to use various survey equipment such as Total station, digital level machine, GNSS
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (excel, words)
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD software
• Must be flexible to work for office and site works.
• Should be able to work independently in performing the assigned tasks on a project site.
• Ability to communicate in English language.
All Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Max. Email & attachment size: 20 MBs and all attachments to be combined in a single document) on or before 20th February 2024,17:00hrs.
NOTICE; NO HIRING AT THE GATE!!!
PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after deadline date, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com