Website Amref Health Africa Tanzania
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa.
Amref Health Africa – Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral, and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancy:
|M & E Intern
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating Fistula II project. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the overall M&E and learning needs of the Fistula II project and will spent much of the basic needs of the M and E and come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the project. The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the organization.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project M&E Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good statistics for impact evaluation.
- To supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To ensure project performance is archived and sync in Amref information management system properly.
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager and Partners.
- Provide technical support to the project to improve the performance by generating evidences including best practice and lesson learnt
- To provide and participate in research generation and disseminations
- Ensure that implementation of field activities is well aligned to the project monitoring and evaluation plan in place.
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Support project staffs and finance team in developing biannual and annual organizational reports.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Work closely with M&E and programs teams on project monitoring plan (PMP) of the project in line with project LFA in consultation with programme team and partners
- Update project performances in Amref information management system (AIMS) and follow program team are compliance with AIMS.
- Coordinate with project teams for collecting data against agreed indicators
- Ensure and support quality of data collected by partners, receive database and populated in the system.
- Under the guidance of the project manager, provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Under the guidance of the Amref MER Director build the capacity of IPs on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E)
- With technical support from the Amref MEAL team and assist the project team in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluation (baseline, mid-term and end-line)
- With technical support from the Amref MEAL team and assist the Team in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
- Assist MER Team in research documentation and archives
3. Reporting and Documentation
- Contribute in developing quarterly, biannual and annual reports
- Develop and share quality field visit reports with relevant Amref Health Africa staff
- Provide project inputs on key reports for upload to the main source – AIMS
- Ability to document best practice and lesson learnt
- With technical support from the Amref MEAL team, ensure data quality in project implementation plans
- Prepare relevant project documents for upload on AIMS
5. Learning and Sharing
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- With guidance from the project manager and technical assistance form the Amref
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in the project
- Promote culture of two way learning in the project
- Disseminate best practice in wider environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERINCE AND SKILLS
First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please visit Amref’s website https://amref.org/vacancies/ Amref will conduct interviews at Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on January 31, 2024.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.