Website SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit international development organization.
National Reintegration CoordinatorJob Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
RE – ADVERTISEMENT:
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: National Reintegration Coordinator
Duty station: National Office, Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Head of Programs
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
National Reintegration Coordinator provides overall coordination of the three-year project titled “Facilitating Responsible Reintegration of Children and Young People” at the national level by ensuring project quality and effectiveness. The holder of the post will be responsible to ensure the project is implemented to realize the anticipated results.. S/he will assist in the preparation of project implementation work plans, budget implementation and periodic reporting. Also, she/he will undertake partnership roles that include engagement with the government’s Ministries, Departments and Agents(MDAs)such the Ministry of Community Development, Gender,Women and Special Groups.Other partners include the likeminded organizations and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working on children and young people reintegration processes.
- Coordinate and manage the Responsible Reintegration project work for SOS Children’s Villages in Tanzania
- Support and supervise project officers’ project activities as national lead including taking overall responsibility for the reintegration coordination and technical capacity building of program staff supporting the reintegration in the field
- Spearhead the process of the design of a local data management systems and procedures for reintegration
- Ensure documentation and the organization of paper-based information are up-to-date.
- Use the database to monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that roles and responsibilities are upheld.
- Leads national project team and drives project implementation according to plan, involving relevant staff, government and national CSO representatives.
- Provide thematic expertise on protection of children and young people, child empowerment, and family strengthening in the context of reintegration.
- Ensure that reintegration-focused child protection, livelihoods and other youth and family empowerment activities are implemented in a coordinated, mutually-supportive manner with relevant stakeholders.
- Act as SOS Children’s Villages focal point for reintegration project initiatives with SOS Children’s Villages in Tanzania.
- Ensure that procedures for the reintegration of children and youth are compliant with national and organizational legislation, standards, and policies
- Ensure project implementation is in accordance with project plan, donor proposal and partnership agreement.
- Submit progress reports as well as provide input for annual donor reports to the Regional Project Lead.
- Regularly updates the Head of Programs and relevant National Office departments of project developments and activities.
- Ensure formal and informal meetings with the Head of Programs and other National Office department heads for information sharing and decision making.
- Seek technical guidance/support from the Head of Programs on a regular basis.
- Participate in national platforms at addressing child vulnerability issues affecting beneficiaries of SOS target group and promotes the work of SOS to various organizations and communities.
- Build strong working relationships with national / location program managers
- Represent the project as well as the SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania at internal and external meetings, conferences, and thematic coordination platforms
National Reintegration Coordinator Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- University Degree, preferably master’s degree in Child Welfare, Social Work, Sociology or Community Development.
- Minimum 5 years programmatic work experience with an international NGO or other nationally recognized institution.
- Documented experience in case management, child and family tracing, reintegration, and reunification.
- Demonstrated commitment to capacity building of staff, a team player with demonstrable success coordinating program interventions in the reintegration field i.e with children without parental care or living and working in the street
- Experience-based understanding of the inter-relations between children and young people reintegration and alternative care for children, and an ability to shape programming in a way that ensures the needs of reintegrated children are met while also advancing prevention of family separation.
- Knowledge of UNGA, UNCRC, ACRWC, the relevant national legal and policy frameworks
- Good problem solving, strategic planning and analytical skills
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and work regularly in field sites with basic standards of living and minimal comfort.
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to lead and co-operate with others.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision to achieve the set objectives.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. Closing date is 30th September, 2022.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed
to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will
be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org