Website World Vision - Tanzania
World Vision International is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization
Nutrition Manager Vacancy at World Vision – Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Strategic engagement (30%)
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic coordinating role in the Refugees Supplementary Feeding Program implementation.
- Support and implement the appropriate strategies for achieving maximal impact in the two camps and the districts of implementation
- Collaborate with WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, WHO, other humanitarian local and international NGOs and local government leaders to support and implement the Supplementary Food Project (SFP) that contribute to improved indicators for Maternal and Child Nutrition in the refugee camps
- Work closely with the WVT Kigoma emergency response Team Leader, Health and Nutrition Team Leader and Nutrition Assistant in screening for nutritional status, categorization and distribution of the food rations to relevant groups including children under five and pregnant and lactating women.
- Effectively guide the project to abide to relevant standard guidelines including that of WFP-UNHCR SFP Guidelines and other key guiding tools including CMAM Database throughout the implementation period.
- Action plans developed and shared with key Supervisor
Project Management and Team Performance (30%)
- Ensure a high-performance management culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Provide supervision and/or support to project staff working with the project and government health and nutrition staff working in the camps/project area
- Provide guidance and supervision to the project staff to ensure that they have clear objectives and receive regular support and supervision.
- Take a lead in strengthened capacity building of volunteers, health and nutrition workers on delivery of community-based nutrition services including training and social behaviour changing education.
- Update detailed work plans of project staff with project implementation and ensure this is used by the whole project team to monitor project progress towards completion
- Provide technical guidance on community health systems strengthening for maximum behaviour change and referrals to facilities in nutrition (for severely malnourished cases).
- Technically oversee with the relevant project staff the M&E plan for the project
- Ensure quality of work by assisting project staff in the distribution of the food rations to the targeted refugees and making sure that they conform to the SFP guideline.
Project team excellently performs and work plans are well implemented
- Ensure quality and timely communication (including Reporting) with the project team, WFP and other involved partners
- Complete programmatic and financial reports (monthly and quarterly reporting) as required, ensuring these are of a required quality and submitted on time for sharing with the project team and donor (WFP & Support Offices) and IMAM guidelines and standards.
Accurate and credible reports prepared and submitted to inform programming and donor compliance.
Business Relationships and Networking (5%)
- Ensures collaborative roles and partnerships with the government and other humanitarian organizations operating in the refugee camps.
- Represent WVT and Participate in networking meetings/workshops/conferences with GoT and other stakeholders at the camps, district, regional and national levels.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, good practices and lessons learnt among partners including using the CMAM database for proper documentation.
- Ensure that established protocols for communication and management arrangements are followed by the project team.
Achieving broader impact
Core values (5%)
- Provide spiritual support to staff of the project and reinforce the Core Values to enable understanding of WV operations and culture.
All staff live as per the organisation core values and spiritual guidance
Financial and non-Financial resource management (5%)
Manage the WVT material and financial resources to ensure Stewardship and accountability in the project
Stewardship and accountability
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in Nutrition in Emergencies, Health, and/or Nutrition and/or HIV&AIDS projects at refugee camps or community level with Maternal and Child health and Nutrition
- Understanding and experience in refugee response interventions especially on Supplementary Feeding Programs targeting children under five, pregnant and lactating women and nutrition support to vulnerable such as PLWHA on ART
- Experience in implementing Nutritional programs
- Experience in working with refugee programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Significant experience of working with government officials including District Nutrition Officer (DNuOs), volunteers and communities
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Attend and participate in the leadership of daily devotions.
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Good computer skills in MS office (Excel, word, PowerPoint etc) and othere relevant programs like CMAM Database
- Familiar with current SFP guideline used in nutrition emergencies.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bsc degree in Nutrition, Food Science and any other relevant social science degree or their equivalent. A Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Science or Public Health is an added advantage
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of nutrition interventions in emergency situation including screening/assessment of nutrition situation, approaches and interventions at National and Global level, IYCN-E, CMAM Database.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Refugee camps and office based
Should be physically fit
English and Swahili
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- WFP Field staff
- UNHCR Field Staff
- Plan International
- Refugee community leaders
- EDP staff
The role needs minimal discussion making
☒ Be Safe and Resilient
☐ Deliver Results
☐ Build Relationships
☐ Be Accountable
☒ Learn and Develop
☒ Improve and Innovate
☒ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.