Website BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Officer , Technology (Applications ) Job Vacancy at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone can realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact, and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year. BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first program outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programs and social enterprises, including microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender, and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
The Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) has initiated its Project to create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches are delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They can fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self- motivated individuals to fill the following position.
Position (1 ): Officer , Technology (Applications )
Job Location : CHO
Officer, Technology (Applications) shall play a crucial role in providing technical support and maintaining efficient operation of various web and mobile applications within BRAC International (BI). Roles not limited to troubleshooting application issues, resolving user queries, also ensuring digitization and smooth process automation of program operations
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with cross-functional teams including BI HO Technology, Programme and M&E in system implementations, enhancements, and ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Support technology team in system/data integrations and reporting system design
- Assist program and M&E users with large data analysis, design/build predefined and ad-hoc MIS reports from various applications.
- Ensure data quality and integrity into the systems, configure master data, and handle large volume of transactional data reconciliations.
- Respond to user inquiries, incidents, and requests related to application functionality, investigate, diagnose, and resolve application-related problems.
- Troubleshooting web and mobile applications issues, log and manage JIRA service help desk, severity prioritization and escalation matrix.
- Lead applications testing and drive UAT and managing new release. Participate the evaluation and implementation of new applications or upgrades.
- Prepare training plan and role-based user manual. Manage online training portal. conduct training and refresher for club and field office users to enhance their hands on capacity of application features, best practices, and self-service options.
- Ensure effective IT policy especially system management and data management
- policy implementation through creating awareness and technical guidance to staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest innovative solutions to enhance application performance, user experience, and support services.
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Three years of experience working in mobile application development/configuration and implementation, programme digitization, M&E framework, technology for development, and/or other relevant platforms.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and working on database systems.
- Working experience in ERP system preferred.
- Several years of experience in managing international development programs, including work.
- Exposure to a wide range of strategic decision-making processes and as a result have become comfortable assessing business processes and requirements to design and implementation of DFA projects.
- Exposure in implementing digital field applications and mobile data collection tool
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business.
- Experience in digital project management, including technological aspects that enabled to develop skills in understanding business needs and transcribing them into functional specifications for a digital tool.
- Excellent attention to details and experience in managing multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of software applications and their functionalities.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot application issues.
- Drive, flexibility, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well in person with multiple teams of stakeholders.
- Ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to user satisfaction.
- Knowledge of IT security and data protection principles.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and best practices is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with development programme operation preferred
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading, and written)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant subject
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 22nd January 2024
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.