- Full Time
Website Restless Development
Restless Development is a global agency for youth-led development.
Restless Development in Collaboration with Swiss Contact will be implementing a project, Vijana Twaweza project, in Kilombero District , Morogoro Region that will aim at transforming the enabling environment for Youth livelihoods in Kilombero District (Ifakara Town Council) and will also be implementing a project in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity in Tanzania which will aim at supporting young Women and Youth in Arumeru District Council in Arusha Region.
For the two projects, Restless Development seeks to recruit dynamic, committed and passionate individuals to join our organisation in the role of Peer Educators. The peer Educators will be based in Project Implementation Districts and they will report to the Project Officer.
About Restless Development
Restless Development is a global non profit agency. We support the collective power of young leaders to create a better world. We are independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) bound together by our vision for youth power. We run youth-led programmes to tackle the issues that young people care about the most – We also run the Youth Collective – a growing network of over 4000 local youth civil society groups and organisations in 185 countries. We are committed to creating an agency that walks the talk on power shifting, using the power shifting checklist, both internally and externally.
Our approach to safeguarding
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
About the role
We are looking for adynamic, committed and passionate individuals to join our organisation in the role of Peer Educator. The peer Educators will be based in Project Implementation Districts,Kilombero District, Morogoro Region and Arumeru District, Arusha Region and they will report to the Project Officer.
1. Kilombero, Morogoro
Together with Swiss Contact, Restless Development aims to implement the VIJANA TWAWEZA Project in Kilombero District, Morogoro Tanzania. Vijana Twaweza project aims to transform the enabling environment for Youth livelihoods in Kilombero District (Ifakara Town Council), by empowering 300 (180 female, 120 male) aged 15–24 with the relevant skills, confidence, and structures they need to establish sustainable and successful agri-enterprises. Youth will participate in a series of theoretical and practical training that will transform their mindsets, equip them with the right technical skills and support them to self-sustain. The focus of this program will be on horticulture and poultry farming integrated with climate change and resilience
2. Arumeru, Arusha
Restless Development in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity in Tanzania aims at supporting young Women and Youth in Arumeru district council in Arusha region to increase livelihood opportunities by empowering them with skills training, savings, and access to credit. Targeted women and youth will participate in a series of theoretical and practical training that will transform their mindsets, equip them with the right technical skills and support them to self-sustain. Through our enterprise development approach, we will seek to empower 60 women and youth to address both short and long-term factors of poverty. Utilising Restless Development’s entrepreneurship curriculum, we will conduct a comprehensive entrepreneurship-training program for women and youth, supporting them throughout to establish their own sustainable enterprises. To optimise business growth and sustainability we will support the formation, formalisation/ legal incorporation, and linkage of Community Economic Empowerment Groups (CEEGs) to the available financial services and technical skills providers based on groups’ interests.
- Project Planning, implementation and reporting (60%)
- Implement, monitor and review project activities in the respective district/council on a monthly basis
- Ensure activity reports and case studies are submitted in line with organisational M&E system, and suitable for donor and other audiences
- Provide regular project progress update and ensure risks and challenges are managed on a timely manner
- Support in training selected first time young mothers and youth on project areas (SRHR, Gender, Life skills, Civic Leadership and Entrepreneurship)
- Equip selected youth with necessary skills to establish businesses around their community or seek self employment .
- Facilitate access to finance for youth entrepreneurs to start or expand their businesses as per the project requirements
- Liaise with and ensure Parents, community and Local Government Authorities leaders are engaged at all stages of the project implementation.
- Partnerships and Visibility (25%)
- Proactively provide case studies, change stories, and photos for social media, and sharing with internal &/external audiences
- Act as an ambassador for Restless Development at public, partner meetings and events demonstrating expertise, and youth passion
- Project budgeting and financial reporting (10%)
- Develop clear and cost-effective activity budgets in line with Restless Development policies and donor compliance
- Prepare and submit timely narrative and financial reports on expenditure and activities in line with Restless Development policies and donor compliance
- Ensure Restless Development resources (monetary or equipment) are protected and never misused by beneficiaries/CSO.
- Ensure that all expenditure is backed up with genuine receipts and documents.
- Uphold all financial policies and procedures for Restless Development Tanzania, and proactively prevent risks within the project which could jeopardise our Values, Policies and Code of Conduct, and the donors
- Other (5%)
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
- Other duties as required.
Peer Educators Job Vacancies at Restless Development
Job title: Peer Educator
Location: Kilombero District, Morogoro Region and Arumeru District, Arusha Region
Gross Stipend: 300,000 Tsh
Preferred start date: 25th May 2023
Length of contract: 6months Contract with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Project Officer
Expected travel: Regular travel within the respective wards
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
Our value: HEART – We are who we serve. We are brave.
- Values led: Upholds the Restless Values at all times, demonstrating professionalism in their day-to-day work
- Innovation: Is driven to generate ideas which continually improve ways of working, involving others in problem solving. Adapts style to cope with and support others through change.
Our value: HEAD – Delivers Quality. We are 100% professional.
- Delivers Quality: Adopts an honest and efficient approach to work. Uses resources responsibly.
- Decision making: Proposes solutions to challenges and seeks to understand the reasons behind decisions.
Our value: VOICE – We generate leaders. We are proud to carry the banner for youth-led development.
- Leadership: Actively seeks to develop their own leadership skills. Is seen as a leader to participants and other young people
- People Development: Is open to feedback and ideas for personal development. Willingly provides constructive feedback to others.
Our value: HANDS – We are in it together. We listen and learn.
- Actively listens and learns from those around them. Uses effective two-ways communication to build rapport and relationships in the community.
- Is an integral team member, contributing to team excellence.
Skills and experience
- Degree/Diploma in a relevant field, preferably related to Agribusiness, Economics, Community development, Agriculture, Animal science, livestock keeping and Management.
- Experience in Community development, entrepreneurship, Horticulture and Poultry farming will be an added advantage
- Technical expertise in community development approaches and Entrepreneurship.
- A clear understanding of Peer Education Approach especially Leadership, Gender and Entrepreneurship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills suitable for both youth (young mothers), Parents and local government audiences.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Good ICT skills including Word, Excel, email/internet, PowerPoint
- A strong personal commitment to the values of Restless Development and the role of young people in the development
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit restlessdevelopment.org.