Tanzania Horticultural Association
Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) is an apex private sector member based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
The Procurement intern will support the day-to-day procurement department’s operational activities. S/He will engage with TAHA staff, suppliers and service providers to expedite and support coordination of end-to-end procurement process cycles by ensuring agreed turnaround time is achieved.”
Position: Intern to support TAHA’s Procurement Office
Duty Station: Arusha
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in establishing the Procurement electronic filing system of all closed procurement packages, contracts, and coming procurements.
- Assist in filling, processing, and expediting documents of the department including Local Purchase Order (LPO) for approval from responsible signatories.
- Assist in compiling necessary documentation such as Purchase Requisition, Local Purchase Order, Delivery Note, Good Received Notes, Receipt, and others as instructed for processing payment.
- Ensure all the procured items are thoroughly inspected and recorded as instructed to ensure compliance before storekeeping.
- Monitor and track requirements presented for purchase with the inventory available to avoid unnecessary purchase.
- Record all purchases by maintaining and updating the purchase requisition tracker to monitor and keep track of issues procured.
- Ensure all invoices received are well incorporated and submitted for updating payment track of the department.
- Track all invoices and update the tracker to understand the turnaround time used to process invoices since receipt and track unpaid invoices against orders processed.
- Perform any other duties as maybe instructed by the supervisor.
During the whole interning period, the intern will gain hands on experience in;
- Practical procurement procedures for purchase of goods, services and works.
- Handling procurement documents and filing management system.
- Obtaining knowledge and competency in attending and tackling a wide range of procurement engagements.
- Familiarity with office operations activities.
The Procurement intern will report to the Procurement Manager.
Procurement Intern Job Vacancy at TAHA
- A Degree graduate of Procurement, Supply chain, Logistics or related studies.
- A fast learner with a basic knowledge of MS Office package.
A working experience will be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
- Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520,
- Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
- Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for: “APPLICATION FOR PROCUREMENT INTERN.”
- Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, 24th November, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com