Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization for international health affiliated with Johns Hopkins University.
Program Assistant Job Vacancy at Jhpiego
The Program Assistant (PA) provides administrative, logistics, finance and office support to the project team in assigned regions. The PA manages the operations of the region offices, stores and warehouses working closely with the Jhpiego office crosscutting team to ensure proper coordination in supporting smooth program operations. This includes but is not limited to managing issuance of commodities, stock and consumables, raising requisitions for procurement of supplies, preparing activity budgets and scopes of work, and maintaining office and store premises in compliance with MOH, USAID, Jhpiego hygiene, safety and security standards and other requirements promoted under the Occupational Safety and health Authorities (OSHA).The position will be based in Morogoro and Tabora Regions.
This position will be closed on 1st September, 2023
- Support logistics for planning and implementation of project activities including identifying and booking venues and hotel accommodation, developing activity budgets, availing training materials and equipment and confirming participants.
- Manage the regional office including ensuring a clean working environment, amenities, furniture and equipment are working and sufficient, attend visitors professionally and routing them for relevant assistance, maintain contact lists, receive and send couriers and letters and maintain up-to-date visitors’ book and dispatch book.
- Support planning of meetings within or outside office including scheduling, confirming participants, photocopying meeting materials, sharing minutes, arranging refreshments, etc.
- Maintain tracking system for budgets, procurement, payments, inventory and reports working collaboratively with Jhpiego crosscutting team.
- Coordinate staff travel including timely preparation of advance requests, activity plan and itinerary, coordinating project or hired vehicle use, assisting with advance reconciliation and submission of supporting documents to project Finance Manager.
- Safeguard property in office and store as primary key holder including furniture, equipment, supplies and commodities ensuring proper maintenance, issuance and usage in compliance with Jhpiego policies, hygiene, safety and security standards.
- Support photocopying, organizing, packing and setting materials required for meetings and trainings against a checklist provided by the activity lead.
- Receive supplies and commodities into the stores, maintain up-to-date inventory, issue supplies and commodities per distribution plan and required delivery documentation.
- Administer daily registration of staff and participants using required digital and paper formats during supported meetings or trainings led by Jhpiego.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma or higher qualification in business administration, office management, secretarial studies and storekeeping or extensive hands-on office or stores operations experience.
- Good interpersonal communication skills. Good spoken English an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ office operations experience in a busy office environment.
- Experience working in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions an added advantage.
- Demonstrated basic accounting skills with experience in petty cash management.
- Prior experience managing stores including managing medical commodities and equipment.
- Experience working with USAID, MOH, PORALG, INGOs and CSOs desirable.
- Field oriented and comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams, able to contribute to teamwork and interact with staff at all levels including government officials.
- Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability, diplomacy).
- Competency with MS Office (email, Internet, Word) and experience using digital tools.
- Willingness to live in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% time.
Program Assistant Job Vacancy at Jhpiego
Skills And Specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers those contacted during work.
- Planning and negotiation skills required
- Good level of computer literacy, conversant with all Microsoft products
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply :
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.