Website Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam
Cnr Mirambo Street/Garden Avenue, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania,
The Embassy is responsible for representing and promoting Swedish interests in Tanzania and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of the Embassy include supporting business and trade, development cooperation as well as consular and visa services.
The strategy for Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania 2020 – 2024 focuses on four results areas i.e.
- Democracy, the rule of law, human rights and gender equality;
- Inclusive economic development;
- Environment, climate and energy
Program Manager – Social Protection
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Program Manager – Social Protection. In close cooperation with colleagues, you will contribute to achieve the overall objective of Swedish development cooperation of supporting people in poverty and under oppression to improve their living conditions in Tanzania. We strive to support change through a holistic multi-dimensional perspective on poverty. Follow-up and close cooperation with partner organisations are also at the core of our approach.
We are looking for a new person to welcome to our team that has good ability to collaborate and build trusting relationships with colleagues and external partners. You also need to have the ability to lead yourself by self-sustaining, taking initiatives and pushing issues forward. To succeed in this role, you should have the ability to communicate effectively. Finally, it is important to be flexible; solution- oriented and capable of handling the unpredictable.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main responsibilities for this position involves following up on the Productive Social Protection Programme (PSSN-II), which is a nationwide program implemented by Tanzania Social Acton Fund (TASAF). Sweden is one of the largest contributing partners to PSSN II. In addition to bilateral funding, the Embassy oversees delegated funds from European Union in Tanzania to PSSN II. This entails:
- A close engagement with TASAF to follow up on program component plans and agreed actions to strengthen the overall implementation of the programme but also with a specific focus on the gender action plan or communities’ engagement.
- Provide advisory support on social protection to Swedish embassies in East Africa and Southern Africa with social protection programmes
- Contribute to internal learning and capacity building on social protection within the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), in cooperation with Sida’s informal network for social protection.
- Provide advisory support on social protection to Swedish Embassies in Africa with social protection programmes. This may include support and advice in the entire strategy and contribution management process, e.g. in the appraisal of new programs, follow-up, dialogue and evaluation.
- Be an active team member at the Embassy contributing to the overall responsibilities of the Embassy.
Program Manager – Social Protection Job Vacancy at Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate degree in economics, social science, development studies or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the area of social protection systems.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Skills in Swahili and Swedish is a merit
- Knowledge of social protection programmes in Tanzania or other African countries.
- Experience of working in International development cooperation or an international organisation.
- Knowledge on the policy making process in Tanzania, preferably on social protection issues.
- Knowledge on the body of research, including evidence on the impact of social protection programmes for Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Knowledge on gender issues and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience of working on internal capacity building, learning and knowledge sharing.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us one attachment having your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the job. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “PM-SP” in your e-mail subject line.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited
The deadline is on 8th February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com