Website Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust
Program Officer Job Vacancy at Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
Reporting to the Program Manager; the incumbent will be responsible to provide a comprehensive public
health technical and prevention support by serving as a public health expert on HIV/AIDS prevention for the implementation and monitoring of HIV/AIDS activities in the Southern Highlands.
Position Title: PROGRAM OFFICER- PREVENTIVE SERVICES (Mbeya)
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty Station: Mbeya
Overall, Purpose of the Job:
To provide technical leadership in exploring the potential of evolving Information and Communication Technologies that supports BMF vision and mission. The incumbent will be required to provide guidance and management of Information and Communication Technology and build ICT capacity that will support BMF and promote its efficiency across, in diverse manner. He/she will be the main custodian of ensuring the ICT Policy of BMF is adhered, implemented, monitored, and evaluated.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination on technical leadership in Prevention activities Quality Improvements (QI) and the Zonal HIV/AIDS Response Framework (ZHARF) Initiative in the Southern Highlands.
- Participates in prevention program management and leads the testing and linkage initiatives.
- Ensures the Regional/Council Health Management Teams(R/CHMTs) and Implementing Partner (IPs) work in response to improvement of the prevention and treatment cascade performance as part of the effort in the Southern highlands, Tanzania.
- Assists on technical Monitoring and Evaluation on HIV/AIDS prevention Cascade and provides technical assistance and guidance to R/CHMTs and Ips to ensure implementation of activities are consistent with policies and guidance of the Government of Tanzania (GOT).
- Works closely with the Technical Program Manager to ensure that prevention programs are carried as designed.
- Maintains contacts with R/CHMTs and IP medical staff to provide updated information on treatment of HIV/AIDS patients.
- Facilitates in giving feedback on data generated by partners on a quarterly/semi-annual basis and develops partner specific strategies to address challenges in implementation of the prevention cascade based on the data reviews.
- Participates in SIMS visits and Site Supervision to inform and guide QI, HIV testing and linkage to care efforts, monitoring, and evaluation on data quality assurance, the ZHARF initiative in the Southern Highlands zone.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in medicine, public health, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in similar field.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Donor -funded projects.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Maintain High level of confidentiality.
- Able to maintain networks.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidates, kindly fill the application form via: Application Form – Program Officer And attach the required documents. The deadline for application is on Friday 2nd February 2024
How to Apply:
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.