Website SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit international development organization.
Project Officer Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Like Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS Children’s Villages has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991. Our programs are in Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Project Officer
Duty station: National Office, Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Project Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Project Officer supports the overall coordination, management and implementation of the Children Living and Working in Street situation intervention.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented on track and contributing to the timely achievement of the project’s deliverables.
- Provide technical inputs to deliver intended outputs of the projects under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Gather information on a regular basis, prepare activity reports and best practices for sharing, learning and developing communication materials.
- Maintain close working relationships with Districts Local Governments, Civil Society and Private Sector Organisations and local communities
- Manage projects’ budgets per the work plans, and in accordance with the organization’s accounting procedures and reporting guidelines.
- Identify, train, supervise and mentor dropping centers/social workers in the project.
- Organise workshops, seminars and training activities, and provide technical guidance and logistical support needed.
- Support cross-district, national and other related project assignments when required
- Provide monthly updates for periodic project reporting.
- Contribute to national and sub-national discussions and debates relating to the project, and on emerging issues that has an impact on the project implementation.
- Ensure quality engagement of key project stakeholders at National and sub national levels.
- Facilitate and support the development of communication materials and contribute to the effective presentation of project support visibility.
- Convene, plan and coordinate meetings for key project partners on a regular basis.
- Responsible to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy, prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and
- Prevent and mitigate all possible risks in the area of child protection and Safeguarding in your
View also: 12 Community Liaison Officer Job Vacancies at China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd.
Project Officer Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to Social work, sociology, community development, or any related
- The position requires a professional with at least three years’ experience in the field related to street children or community-related interventions.
- Three years of work experience in managing and coordinating projects within the social development intervention.
- Proven ability to organize and facilitate multi-stakeholder participatory processes.
- Proven ability in project management and administration.
- Ability to communicate with different partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in computer literacy, technical report writing and communication
- Demonstrated ability to work with government agencies, research institutions and NGOs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Fluency in English and knowledge of languages spoken in the project area is an added advantage
- Willingness to work and visit the mapped area for street children settlement.
- Ability to be innovative and pro-active
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and function in a multidisciplinary environment
- Sensitivity to local conditions, ethics and norms and sensitivity to gender and children issues
View also:Youth and Gender Specialist Job Vacancies at ACDI/VOCA – 2 Posts
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidate for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. Closing date is 21st March, 2023. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, prevent all forms of exploitations, harassment and abuse among staff, program participant, donors and community members. Therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com