Since 1987 NEWL has positioned itself to become an engineering solutions provider in East and Sub Saharan Africa.
Projects Manager Job Vacancy at NEWL
Northern Engineering Works Ltd (NEWL) was founded in 1987 in Arusha, Tanzania. NEWL is now a leading Power Engineering & Technology Solutions Service Provider in East and Sub-Saharan Africa, employing over 300 people in Tanzania and 100 in Malawi. NEWL offers end-to-end Turnkey power engineering and telecommunication services, covering every aspect of handling, warehousing, transportation, installation and commissioning, and maintenance. NEWL aims to provide technological power solutions by partnering with other Power Technology and Renewable Energy companies to deliver full-service solutions.
Job Title: Projects Manager
Reporting Line Manager: Head of Operations
Passive Project Manager will Provide project Management Leadership on all NEWL Passive Projects. The individuals filling this role are expected to be capable of leading Passive Projects with various NEWL Clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
A. Project Leadership
- Leads and directs high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with customer executives
- Interfaces with customer Projects and Operation management team on a regular basis
- Presents project status and issues to customer personnel through formal presentations
- Coaches and mentors project teams on NEWL’s Project processes
- Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
A. Project Initialization
- Initialize CAPEX and OPEX projects in line with customer expectations
- Propose grid repair and/or upgrade projects to the client
- Propose site assets rectification projects
- Propose Civil works improvement projects
- Propose CAPEX lifetime extension projects
B. Logistics and Budgeting
- Work with the Project Accountant in raising BOQ and BOM
- Manages financial aspects of the project against assigned budgets
- Work with the Fleet team on materials transportation to respective sites
- Ensure SHEQ compliance during material loading, transportation, offloading, and manual carrying
C. Project Implementation
- Prepare RAMs for all projects prior to commencement
- Manages the scope, risks, issues, deliverables, and schedule of individual project tasks
- Ensure the project implementation team is conversant with the scope
- Inspect Project Working tools and ensure they meet required standards
- Ensure toolbox talk is done and documented at every site
- Ensure the project implementation team has all necessary certifications
- Ensure the project implementation team is conversant with NOC; Operation, Security, and SHEQ Processes
- The pilot site should be done by the team and supervised by the Project Team Lead
- Project Timeline should be shared, and respected
D. Project Acceptance
- Ensure site project implementation photo pack is prepared within 24 hours after task completion
- Work with the client project team to ensure all projects are timely accepted
- Ensure FAC is issued by the client within 7 days after project work completion
E. Recovered Items Management
- Ensure all recovered items including but not limited to DGs, Rectifiers, AVR, LCU, ATS, Backup Batteries, DC and AC cables are returned to the client warehouse and handover documents filed
- Work with the project accountant to ensure invoicing is done within 7 days after project completion.
G. Keep good rapport with clients and supporting departments
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that NEWL’s HSE Policy is strictly adhered to in all projects and that safety in the workplace is given top priority
- Project Lead will be responsible for SHEQ Compliance on all Projects
- Reporting any identified Near misses, Hazards, and SHEQ Non-conformities to NEWL SHEQ Manager
- To participate fully in Management review meetings as per Integrated Management System Standard requirements.
- To conduct vehicle SHEQ inspections to field teams at least once per month
- To report at least one (1) near miss and one (1) hazard each month
- To ensure no planned work is undertaken without (Field Level Risk Assessment) preparation and communication
- To attend HTT SHEQ Ops Meetings which are held per week
- To conduct at least four (4) SHEQ visits per month
- To report any incident/property damage from the ground team and to prepare flash reports immediately within 24 hours to Management.
- Shall cooperate with SHEQ team during occupation incidents and accidents reporting and investigation once required.
Projects Manager Job Vacancy at NEWL
- Bsc Electrical Engineering / Bsc Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- EWURA registered.
- At least 5 years experience in the Telecommunication sector.
- Strong IT skills particularly in use of Excel and Project Management reporting tools.
- Good communication skills.
Applicants are invited to submit their application letters, resumes, copies of certificates, and other credential certificates via e-mail to: email@example.com
Chief Operation Officer
Deadline: Applications to be received before 11th September 2023.
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited within five (5) days after the closing date, you should consider your application unsuccessful. Short-listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment and reference checking.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org