Website FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Regional Strategic Information (SI) Officer – Kilimanjaro for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
The Regional SI Officer, under the direction of the SI Advisor, is responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities within the assigned region(s). He/she will work with EpiC staff in the regional office, local community-based implementing partners and GoT counterparts at regional level to ensure that M&E activities are appropriate and meet USAID and EpiC requirements.
- Working with community-based implementing partners and KVP groups (partners), health service providers and GoT counterparts to provide support and guidance on project M&E activities, ensuring alignment with USAID and GoT reporting requirements.
- Building capacity of local partners in project M&E, especially data collection, management and analysis for use in decision-making and course correction.
- Conducting routine monitoring visits and data quality assessments.
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports, and providing supportive supervision.
- Ensuring that the quality of activities adheres to EpiC and PEPFAR standards.
- Providing technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of M&E components of the activities in the communities served.
- Assisting in development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and providing technical assistance and training to staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Documenting lessons learned and best practices in M&E, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
View also: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Regional Strategic Information (SI) Officer Job Vacancy at FHI 360
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS and FP service delivery at the community level Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or another related degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in M&E with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS and FP service delivery at the community level.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national health information management system (HMIS) and national protocols, guidelines and standards for HIV service provision and M&E.
- Knowledge and experience in regional-level M&E system implementation.
- Experience in programs serving KVP, OVC and AQYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVPs.
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with KVP.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.