Website Diageo / SBL
SBL is the second largest beer company in Tanzania.
Reliability Engineer Job Vacancy at Diageo / SBL.
Job Description :
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully coordinated beverage business and a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited, commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and now has three breweries located in Dar , Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager and Serengeti Lite. Other brand portfolios include Guinness smooth, Guinness, Pilsner Lager. Headquartered in Dar, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international world-class spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®
Achievement of the overall business plans impacting on COGS by ensuring all maintenance tasks are carried out with efficient costs and minimizing quality defects in the final products.
Purpose of Role:
The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Efficiency, Cost and Morale).
Ensure Availability and Reliability of Assets in the factory and drive improvements in Engineering/Maintenance Processes.
Overall responsible for effective Maintenance Planning and Execution, OEM Audits, AC Audits and Maintenance Programs Development
- Maintain Health & Safety Standards
- Drive Continuous Improvement in Asset care for the Brewery through supervising performance of existing Equipment, facilitating OEM & AC Audits.
- Maintaining CMMS system health by ensuring user competence, Asset Care practices are coordinated into Tier 1 operational processes, system compliance and monitoring and driving Asset care KPIs.
- Resource planning to support asset care. (spares, manpower, time) are prepared in advance to when required.
- Be expert mentor role model in use of Root Cause Problem Solving and 5Whys to ensure permanent fixes are determined and delivered.
- Mentor Operational reams in Asset Care practices to ensure Asset Care capability is developed.
- Take ownership of the repair and maintenance budget to ensure prioritisation and control of spend.
- Take ownership of the development of maintenance and machine technical skills across shifts.
- Development and Conservation of Maintenance Programme by maintaining a database for all Assets, facilitating New Equipment’s Set-up with regards to Spares, SAP PMs and Maintenance Schedule.
- Manage people performance through conducting Performance Reviews, Proficiency Assessment, Preparing Capability Development Plans and ensuring manpower requirements are met as per diageo standards/guidelines.
Reliability Engineer Job Vacancy at Diageo / SBL
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B. Eng. Graduate (Electrical)
- At least three 3 years’ experience in engineering field, same capacity and preferably in FMCG.
- Knowledge of maintenance management systems and asset care best practices
- In-depth Understanding and Application of Reliability Concepts and Maintenance Programs.
- Ability to manage people performance, mentor and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or ManEx.
- Track record of maintenance management – KPI improvement, planning efficiency and maintenance schedule adherence, CI, backlog, maintenance mix
- Project Management skills & experience
- Proficient in the usage of MS Office, SAP PM and Diageo packages.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.