Website CG Tech Services, Inc
Business IT Support and Services for Seattle, WA
Remote IT Service Manager Job Vacancy at CG Tech Services, Inc
Remote South Africa
We’re looking for a Remote IT Service Manager to lead our growing Service Team. This position will direct and manage the Service Department to achieve the stated objectives of the company, ensure customer satisfaction, and improve the talent and effectiveness of the team while balancing profitability minimums and growth goals. This is a fully remote position that would manage our Service Team of approximately 10 members located in the United States, South Africa, and the Philippines.
This would be a good fit for someone who:
• Is humble, motivated, and emotionally intelligent, specifically with a high degree of empathy.
• Enjoys helping others succeed and sees their role as maximizing the output of their team.
• Loves a faster-paced, no-drama environment where office politics, backstabbing, gossip, and negativity are not tolerated.
• Is extremely detail-oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systematic approach to achieve success.
• Likes the idea of working for a smaller but growing company where their ideas and contributions directly impact the company’s success, direction, and growth.
• Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in their education.
• Wants a position that will offer upward earning and career advancement; we want people who are interested in growth, learning, and becoming part of our team long-term.
This is a full-time position of 40-50 hours a week. The expectation is that the majority of your hours worked would be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time to collaborate with our team and Seattle-area clients. There will be additional hours expected for project and maintenance work and as part of managing our emergency on call services, which are available 24x7x365 (including holidays).
The Service Manager is responsible for leadership, management, and accountability of the following team members, processes, and experiences:
- Technical service delivery
- Procurement and inventory
- Account Management
- Estimating projects and managing projects to their estimates
- Customer Service
- Manage the Service Department in all aspects to balance our team’s experience, our clients’ experience, and meeting our gross margin goals
- Manage and coordinate work between technical, procurement, account management, and dispatch team members
- Manage recruiting to grow the service team, including reviewing our job postings for applicability to role, reviewing applications, performing phone screens, reviewing assessment results, performing technical interviews, performing career history interviews, and reference checks.
- Onboard and train new Service Team members
- Identify team members’ strengths and coach them to grow while mitigating weaknesses.
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews and annual compensation reviews with Service Team members.
- Manage team members’ professional development and training path on a quarterly basis.
- Review Service Team timesheets and expense submissions daily to make sure support requests are moving forward well, CGTS processes are being followed, clients are being taken care of, and parts and licenses used in the course of providing support are being billed to clients correctly
- Manage and act as a point of escalation for our emergency response system.
- Evaluate the products we sell and recommend to clients on a recurring basis to determine the best balance of cost and value to CGTS and our clients
- Evaluate the tools CGTS is using internally on a recurring basis to determine the best balance of cost and value to CGTS and our clients
- Review on a recurring basis the configuration of our tools to maximize efficiency in delivering services
- Review agreement profitability on a recurring basis to determine if we’re charging appropriately for our services
- Identify areas for automation
- Become the organization’s subject matter expert in Service Delivery
- Identify gaps in services and training to our team members
- Identify products or services we’re not currently using that may be of benefit
- Review and update our internal training with new information from our preferred vendors
- Review internal processes and checklists to match new best practices and features from vendors
- Attend vendor/partner webinars and conferences virtually to identify opportunities for additional services we could be offering and improvements we could offer our internal team and our clients
- Manage vendor partnerships and stay up to date on their changes and offerings
- Communicate with clients to review the status of tickets, approvals, priorities, and next steps
- Conduct quarterly meetings with clients to review customer satisfaction
- Coordinate team members’ schedules to make sure we complete our monthly maintenance activities, documentation review, and other monthly tasks.
- Maintain existing processes while also working to identify areas for improvement without reducing standards
- Work with onsite technicians to perform monthly inventory checks
- Ensure all CGTS systems stay continually patched and follow security best practices. Conduct recurring security scans and assessments of CGTS systems to identify risks. Develop processes and write documentation that follows all major US regulatory compliance security frameworks
- Adhere to all local US laws and regulations regarding cybersecurity requirements and timesheet and invoice reviews for labor law adherence and taxability of services.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Here is a partial list of the duties expected to help achieve the above responsibilities. Some of the items below you’ll be expected to directly handle. Others you’ll be expected to accomplish through your team.
Remote IT Service Manager Job Vacancy at CG Tech Services, Inc
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
• Service oriented, collaborative approach to client and teammate relationships.
• Responsible, detail-oriented, and conscientious.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to plan work so that it is completed on time.
• Able to take lead when needed, accept direction and feedback, and function as a coach and as a member of a team.
• You will need to provide your own computer that is running Windows 10/11.
• Allow us to install software on your computer that keeps it up to date with security patches and anti-virus because we work with heavily regulated industries in the United States. Security precautions are paramount for us.
• Have a headset that connects to your computer to use our VoIP phone system to communicate with our team and clients.
• Have Internet access of at least 20 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload speeds to work with our systems.
Initially, this position will be hourly or salaried. After an initial training period of approximately, 9-12 months, bonuses will become part of the Service Manager’s compensation based on financial performance of the Service Team.
Professional Development:This position has the opportunity to grow into the Director of Professional Services, Operations Manager, Director of Operations, or COO.
Cultural Fit Considerations:
As this job posting is to an international audience with differing beliefs and cultural norms, please be aware that we are a progressive company with LGBTQIA+ team members and clients. While we respect and honor many forms of diversity, equity, and inclusivity, LGBTQIA+ people in the United States and other countries do not have equal protection nor treatment. This statement is not meant to exclude recognizing and celebrating other forms of diversity important to our team, but to be explicit in informing you of an important aspect of our team and clients.
We prohibit discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or United State of America federal law.
How to Apply :
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.