Website Tai Tanzania
Pioneers in the field of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) in Tanzania.
Resource Mobilization & Fundraising Intern Job Vacancy at Tai Tanzania
Tai Tanzania is an innovative youth-led organization that uses the power of combining data, storytelling and technology to inspire behavior changes among young people based on stories from the community. We produce edutainment contents such as animation film, music, and comics’ posters.
Tai was founded in 2012 and registered in 2013. Tai’s vision is to create social behavioral change in order to live in a society where youth are responsible leaders in ensuring sustainable development. In order to do so, Tai focuses on creating environments that will foster adolescents’ access to school, since education plays a crucial role in children’s and adolescents’ future lives.
Job Title: Resource Mobilization & Fundraising Intern (International)
Report to: Head of Operation and Programs
Duration: 6 Months – 1 Year Location Tanzania, Dar es salaam Time 40 hours per week
This position involves working closely with Communication & Partnership
Manager to develop fundraising strategies, partnership engagement and implementing fundraising programs.
Main Task is identifying new potential donors and organize initiatives to solicit funding and other resources for smooth operation of the organization
1. RESOURCE MOBILIZATION
● Develop and implement a fundraising and resource mobilization strategy
● Regular contact and reporting of program activities to funding organization
● Take an active role in developing financial sustainability model for the program/project.
● Design program/ project that will create positive impact in the community and attract funding for sustainability.
2. PARTNERSHIPS &FUNDRAISING
● Establish and maintain effective partnerships with government Institutions, donors and other strategic partners, including handling of the formal and informal networking
● To follow up and check on proposals progress to ensure funding application are fully considered by donors and relevant data is provided as required.
● Development of grant proposals, concept note and securing funds
● Develop and manage partner agreement and co-ordinate reporting.
● To maintain strong working relation with Tai Tanzania portfolio of existing donors and partners of organization.
3 TEAM WORK & PARTICIPATORY
● To actively participate in organizational activities as may be directed by the management team / supervisor
● To participate in team building activities and organization events
● To participate all meetings of organization internal and external
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Applicant must have Degree of social science, international relation or relevant field
● Experienced in partnership development, management and implementation of an effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
● Demonstrated competence in securing international partnership and funding
● Must have at least one (1) year working experience in relevant context.
● Excellent in written and oral communication skills.
Key Measures of Performance
1 Partnership Building Build Organizational partnerships with key stakeholders, mobilizing resources as well as managing long-term partnerships for programs implementation
2 Resource Mobilization Organization development, fundraising and resource mobilization strategy
3 Partner Management
Establish and Manage relationships with key partners professionally.
4 General Communications Communicate functions related to the strategic positioning of Tai Tanzania.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Job Application. The deadline for application will be on February 1, 2024 and Only shortlisted will be contacted for the Interview.
See also: How to Get Employed in Tanzania