Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Senior Communication Officer Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Communications Officer
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Public Relations & Communications Manager
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The incumbent will support the public relations (PR) and communications strategy and initiatives to ensure that employees and external stakeholders are well informed, involved and enthused about Geita Gold Mine and its activities now and into the future.
- BA Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications or Marketing.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 5 years of experience in communications and public relations work, preferably in Mining or Natural resources industries
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the PR & Communications Manager in the implementation of the company public relations and communication strategy onsite, delivering existing channels and creating relevant new ones.
- Work closely with the Sustainability team to ensure that all key sustainability projects are highlighted throughout various communication channels to all stakeholders.
- Work to enhance internal communications at the Geita Gold Mine site.
- Support the PR & Communications Manager to timely deliver strategically planned activities including consistent forward planning and regular project plans for high profile corporate priorities.
- Promote cross-functional integration with the communications department to promote positive stories from other departments.
- Team player, pro-active and with a great attitude.
- Experience in working with people in a multicultural context.
- Ability to handle conflict amicably.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with excellent presentation and facilitation skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Outstanding graphic design, photography, and videography skills.
- A valid Tanzanian driving license will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by Clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Communications Officer.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th January 2024 at 5:30 PM.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com