Tanzania National Roads Agency
Senior Engineer (Structures/Bridge Engineer) Job Vacancy at TANROADS
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridge scales.
The Regional Manager TAN ROADS Shinyanga on behalf of the Chief Executive TAN ROADS is looking for suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill vacant posts available for the project of Upgrading of Kahama – Bulyanhulu Junction – Kakola (73KM) Road to Bitumen Standard; Contract No: AE/001/2022-23/HQ/W/70.
TAN ROADS therefore intends to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill vacancy posts on specified contract for the aforementioned project in the following fields.
POSITION TITTLE: SENIOR ENGINEER (STRUCTURES/BRIDGE ENGINEER) – (1 POST)
Must be a Tanzanian Citizen who is a holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Structural Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institutions with working experience of at least seven (7) years in related field. Must be registered by ERB as Professional Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review structural drawings and reports for conformity to the applicable standards and specifications;
- Review, inspect and approve construction materials of works for compliance with technical specifications;
- Keep and maintain records including reports, works diaries, correspondences, instructions given to contractor(s) and any other matters relating to drainage structures on day-to-day basis;
- Approve measured quantities of drainage works satisfactorily carried out on daily basis;
- Prepare and submit mini progress report with updated costs of drainage works on daily basis; and
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Kahama District where the project is located.
Terms of Service:
- The Terms of Employment: Specified Contract for 1 year
- Salary: TANROADS Salary scale with other site allowances as per TANROADS Incentive Policy
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of relevant Education and Professional Certificates with names of two reputable referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the below mentioned addressee not letter than 16.30 hours on 17th February, 2024.
Late Applications will not be considered for evaluation under this recruitment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not be contacted for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications should be submitted to: –
The Regional Manager,
P 0 Box 62,
Regional Managers Office: Ushirika Area, Mwanza Road, P. O. Box 62, Shinyanga. Tell: 028-2762592, 2763941,
Fax: 028-2762551,2763141 Email: email@example.com
TANROADS is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works established under the Executive Agencies Act, 1997
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org