Website Wifi Plus Solutions
Provides Unlimited High-Speed Internet wirelessly to Residential and Commercial customers
Senior Network Engineer Job Vacancy at Wifi Plus Solutions
Company: WIFI PLUS SOLUTIONS
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Position: Senior Network Engineer
Job level: Senior level
Employment type: Contract
Experience: 6 years and above
Number of position: 1
Wifi Plus solutions is a fast growing company operating in Tanzania providing unlimited High speed Wi-Fi and internet solutions to SME, corporates, consumers as well as residential customers. The company operates within the country whereby, the work force increases rapidly due to the nature operations that are executed in the company currently. We are looking for Senior Network Engineer to oversee all network support and wireless network services
The job calls for a young, competent and qualified person of high integrity, a network engineer will report to the head of Technical
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the HOD – Technical, the core role of Senior Network Engineer will be Network Architecture Design and Implementation, network monitoring and Ticketing, Outage escalations, field dispatch coordination, tracking of resolution and update, as well as Node audit and redundancy tests.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Will be responsible for:
- Proactive network monitoring and alert encompassing timely fault detection, accurate ticketing and alerting, active fault resolutions follow-up and updates using our alert platforms accurately and as required (SMS, WhatsAPP, Calls, Emails etc.)
- Consistent and proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting of all outages on infrastructure including but not limited to data center, GPON network, Hybrid Fiber coax, TV systems, as well as all radio technologies.
- Local and International IP backbone, Metro Switch network, Voice network, Power, SDH/Transmission Network and Monitoring screens.
- Monitoring, managing and maintaining Network Management Systems/Servers. (Knowledge on SolarWinds Orion, Easy Docsis, Broadhub, Cacti, Nagios, Microtik Dude, Huawei GPON U2000, and ECI Xmanager will be added advantage).
- Validating alarms from monitoring tools for downtime reporting and for raising trouble tickets. ∙ Doing reports on core network uptime & availability.
- Monitoring regional and international circuits via Teams, TATA, PCCW, PEACE, and etisalat, DARE, Zesco, EASSy, SEACOM and Bharti Airtel India (SEMEWE 4 and IMEWE).
- Follow-ups on downtime resolution to adhere to SLAs and providing RFOs on time. ∙ Accurate incident management: Raising accurate Tickets on all faults within stipulated SLA
- Attending field support or assisting Field Support engineers in bringing up new links/troubleshooting field related outages
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults on 2nd tier escalation from Support as per WBS escalation matrix
- Network Documentation: This involves maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Manage network maintenance, both emergency and planned in co-ordination with other departments involved
- Develop solution/customer network diagrams for new projects being handled on the NOC level.
Other Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Configure Router/Switch/Firewall of multiple vendors. i.e. Cisco, Mikrotik, Juniper, Fortinet etc. ∙ Configure OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and MPLS in the backbone devices.
- Configure and manage servers (Mail server, Web Server, Nagios, Cacti DNS etc.) in Linux environment.
- Configure Zimbra, outlook, Microsoft office 365 mail server
- WiFi solution with Unifi, Cisco IOS, Cambium Networks with zone controller. ∙ Configure internet, data and IP telephony services.
- Manage devices provided by Interclub at Customer end.
- Preparing Technical Solution as per Customer demands.
- Network security, QoS, and Firewall management.
- Managing SOP and other Documents.
Professional Skills & knowledge Experience:
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good knowledge on IP and Transmission network provisioning of services. ∙ Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols.
- Good network diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Basic Linux CLI & sys-admin skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Be able to work in a call-out Rota running 24×7.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of 6 years in technical department with direct experience in facing technical clients, technical experience in the telecommunications, Networks with specific attention to Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) area with deep knowledge of transmission and TCP/IP network services
- Active/working CCNA/JNCIA certification, CCNP/JNCIP will be an added advantage
Competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidates
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees to: email@example.com with the job title ”Senior Network Engineer” as the subject line not later than 2nd February 2024.
Wifi Plus solutions is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application