Website Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo)
The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira
The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira, owned by the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania. The College trains health professionals for various University awards in clinical, biomedical and allied health sciences. It currently wishes to recruit competent and committed human resources to fill the following vacant positions.
SENIOR PERSONAL SECRETARY GRADE III (2 Posts)
Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) in Secretarial Studies conducted by the Tanzania Public Service College or any other accredited institution.
At least one year of working experience after graduation.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Good command of English and Kiswahili grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to be discreet – especially when dealing with confidential information.
- Efficiency, organization, and promptness.
- Knowledge about advanced software applications.
- Administrative experience.
- Customer care/service skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typing of both open and confidential letters/ matters.
- Taking down dictations where necessary.
- Maintaining records of incoming and outgoing correspondences and files while maintaining confidentiality.
- Arranging and maintaining records of events including appointments, meetings, and visiting schedules by keeping an updated diary of events to facilitate working schedules of the respective department, Faculty, Directorate, and Institute.
- Answering independently routine correspondence such as acknowledgment, and following up outstanding replies.
- Maintaining a diary of appointments for the respective College executives, advising them of available time and reminding them of appointments and meetings as requested.
- Maintaining proper files, both for important paper documents as well as for electronic ones.
- Attending visitors by welcoming them with courtesy and decorum, ascertaining the nature of the visitor’s business, entertaining and providing them with relevant information and guidance in a view to meet their needs and maintain the good image of the College.
- Answering telephone calls and intercom, giving information to callers, or routing calls to appropriate officials.
- Relay oral messages and instructions from the respective executives to their subordinates.
- Assisting in arranging, organizing, and scheduling conferences and meetings, and informing the respective members about the meeting and its agenda.
- Making arrangements for providing refreshments during meetings or in a regular day’s work.
- Making travel arrangements for supervisors, College Executives, and Guests.
- Handling office stationery.
- Monitoring the mails and faxes.
- Helping the immediate supervisor in developing computer presentations.
- Assuming responsibility for ensuring that there is adequate efficiency in the day-to-day operation of office functions
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by College Authorities
Senior Personal Secretary Grade III Job Vacancies at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College – 2 Posts
Remuneration for the Post
Competitive and attractive package of salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application
Applications enclosing detailed CV’s, certified copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts, including form IV and VI certificates, names and addresses of three referees should be sent to the undersigned on or before Friday, 1st December 2023.
Your application should be sent to the undersigned via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , OR through Post or hand-delivery addressed to:
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College P. 0. Box 2240 Moshi, Tanzania
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified and
called for an Interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com