Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Senior Supervisor – Electrical Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – Electrical
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Electrical
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Effectively manage the execution of the installations and maintenance activities from an Electrical point of view in the entire mine to enable different departments to have smooth operations at a reasonable cost.
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as an Electrical Supervisor or Senior Supervisor in Mining, Process plant, Manufacturing plant, Cement, or Petrochemical plant.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety Health and Environment
Take a lead role in driving the HSE management program in your area of responsibility and deliver the HSE objectives which include:
- Driving the zero harm and injuries initiative by actively promoting health and safety awareness
- Proactively managing and reducing all hazards in your area of responsibility
- Maintain housekeeping in area of responsibly.
- Driving the safety leading indicators such as safety interventions, PTOs, inspections etc
- Driving the risk assessment process within area of responsibility
- Driving and implementing AGA Major Hazards Control and Standards including Critical Control Verification
- Participate and contribute to the compliance to national and international standards and regulations such as NEMC, ISO14001, ISO45001, IMIU, OSHAS, ICMI etc.
Planning and Execution of Electrical Works
- Planning and execution of all electrical activities (planned and unplanned) to achieve the targeted availability for various electrical equipment across the site.
- Scheduling, planning and execution of periodic electrical related maintenance for electrical section.
- Managing and supervising the electrical crew in conducting maintenance duties.
- Ensuring electrical repairs and installations are carried out as per professional standard and effectively (in your area of responsibility).
- Proactively anticipate failures and plan to resolve them before the worst-case scenarios.
- Preparing, planning and execution of new installations in collaboration with the OEM.
- Testing and commissioning of new installations.
- Provide contractors support and supervision across the entire project life cycle.
- Close follow-up and identify all the project flaws before the project handover.
Budgeting and Cost Management
- Controlling spend against budgets and forecasts.
- Suggesting innovative solutions for reducing production costs. (Idea generation)
- Observe and reduce any unnecessary expenditure that contributes to high variable costs.
Training and Development
- Develop training needs for Electrical crews.
- Facilitate training and coaching of crews (includes all safety related training).
- Ensure performance reviews are done correctly and on time.
- Ensure performance reviews are done correctly and on time.
- Ensure that operational excellence practices are adhered to e.g., visual boards
- Take a lead role in the identification and execution of improvement initiatives within electrical team.
- Participate and adhere to problem-solving sessions and minimize the reoccurring breakdowns.
- Adhere to all electrical critical inspections as per the AGA Engineering best practice guidelines.
- Knowledge of Ring Main Units, Variable speed drives, Motor starters, Air Conditioning, etc.
- Experience of MV Switchgear and maintenance thereof.
- Conversant with SCADA Systems
- Computer programming PLC software will be added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of using CAD software particularly AutoCAD.
- Able to read/interpret instrument and electrical drawings.
- Conflict resolution and ability to manage difficult situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working with minimum supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior supervisor – Electrical’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 15th February 2024 at 5:30 Pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.anglogoldashanti.com.