Website Helios Towers
Driving the growth of communications in Africa and the Middle East Helios Towers is a market-leading telecom tower infrastructure company
SHEQ Advisor Job Vacancy at Helios Towers
Helios Towers · Dar es-Salaam, Tanzania
Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company, having established one of the most extensive tower portfolios across Africa. It builds, owns and operates telecom passive infrastructure, providing services to mobile network operators. Helios Towers currently operates in 6 markets in Africa and has recently signed agreements to enter 4 new markets in Africa and Oman in the Middle East.
Reporting to SHEQ Manager, you will oversee the implementation and operation of SHEQ Advisor.
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will be able to:
- Provide input in determining strategies and for developing, reviewing, updating, and implementing internal policy and process in line with industry best practice.
- Assist with the management of risk by undertaking a program of risk assessments across all elements of the business, identifying how to mitigate risk by implementing and managing change.
- Carry out regular (scheduled and ad hoc) inspections of sites and the office(s) to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented by internal staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Address and report upon areas of non-conformance improving performance and quality.
- Work with internal and external HT and MP teams to ensure that all SHEQ reporting, data collection, Quality
- Assurance and related document control for Helios Towers is accurate and correct.
- Facilitate the continued certification of ISO 45001,14001 and 9001.
- Report to SHEQ management on the HT internal and external SHEQ performance within their OpCo and recommend improvement strategies where required.
- Support the development and delivery of SHEQ training in line with the HT Group Training Needs Analysis, including the compilation and reporting of training progress throughout the OpCo operations.
- Undertake investigations and audits where scheduled or required, effectively identifying root causes, and making robust recommendations for corrective and preventative action.
- Support the OpCo SHEQ Manager with the successfully implementation and delivery of all HT Group Campaigns and Initiatives as required.Requirements for the Role
- To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (or equivalent)
- IRCA Approved Lead Auditor Training (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of SHEQ related experience in a Maintenance and/or Construction related organization.
- Experience of working as an operator within a matrix style organization, effectively influencing partner and contracted organizations.Desired Skills
- Building and Supporting Teams
- Driving Continuous change – Innovation
- Effective Communication
- Operational Excellence and Efficiency
- Interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Attention to details and IT.
Helios Towers is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
How to Apply :