National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Provide specialized products selling to ever growing corporate clients base by engaging the Corporate Bankers, focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and income targets and improving customer satisfactions. The job holder will be responsible to oversee Trade Finance portfolio both Structured and Vanilla to be assigned together with business development on new and existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of CIB
- Grow portfolio value in line with agreed targets.
- Ensure you grow the client trade finance business by engaging the bankers in analyzing, and selling the best alternative trade finance mix.
- Execute the formulated Trade Finance strategy to increase wallet share of clients in both vanilla and Structured Trade and Commodity Finance facilities (STCF)
- Responsible to support growth of STCF segment, working closely with RMs, Operational Bankers and other stakeholders
- Monitoring of monthly income from the STCF facilities
- To attend STCF meetings, and meetings with other segments when requested
- Responsible to support growth of STCF segment, working closely with RMs, Ops Bankers and other stakeholders
- Ability to propose various appropriate STCF mechanism as per client requirement
- Ensure Turn Around Time for STCF deals are improved day by day
- Ensure queries raised specifically by internal stakeholders including STCF Middle office team are closed timely
- Knowledge and experience in structuring financing of various commodities from different sectors (e.g. Oil and Gas, Agriculture, manufacturing, Mining e.t.c)
- Engage the relationship team in determining the best solutions to retain existing clients and acquire new clients
- Create the suitable structure for the best trade finance products, including end to end process flow between front office and back office functions.
- Negotiate the best price with the view to maximize potential income from Trade Finance deals. Ensure that at all times you take a view of the big picture in determining prices for clients against the cost of the solution/product.
- Independently receive, solve and recommend practical solutions on Technical trade finance queries for NBC ltd valued customers.
- Manage communication within the targeted portfolio on NBC Correspondent bank network, tariffs and operational process and procedure.
- Liaise with business bankers and the Trade operations to deliver seamless after sale service for Trade Finance transactions.
- Actively disseminate NBC ltd Trade Finance Capabilities through business interaction (clients and staff), formal internal/external presentations demonstrating the banks abilities in facilitating trade.
- Manage NBC ltd correspondent banking relationships at a transactional level, route and refer business to preferred correspondents, monitor and generate reports on trade volumes between approved correspondents.
- Ensure Trade Finance quarterly, semi-annually and annual reviews are conducted on time.
- Report and alert relationship management and trade product team on outstanding asset positions, sales volumes and sales revenues for top corporate banking customers.
- Key driver for monthly financial performance team meetings
- Oversee the set target per product. Responsibility over pricing, positioning, service, process and growth.
- Monitor year on year growth amongst top trade customers, through product cross-sell, increased through-put and new leads.
- Reconciliation and corrective action responsibility for accounting of portfolio clients, benchmarking closed pipeline deals/transactions against NBC trade reporting to ensure no income leakage.
- Coordinate end to end collating and analyzing customer information on Trade Finance performance on a monthly basis by customer and relationship manager. Flag customer accounts showing reduced volumes and initiating remedial action through prescribed action plans.
- Monitor, analyze and circulate income/performance reports for specially priced customers vis a vis volume thresholds established by the Head of Trade Finance
- Conduct monthly review of all Trade Finance clients on an ongoing basis to address and provide solutions in instances where reduced volumes are witnessed.
- Monitoring and reporting income earned on non customers relationships.
- Come up with relevant Trade and working capita initiatives aiming to increase Trade volume and revenue
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for the area are understood by all members of the team.
- For audit findings that have an impact on the area, work with the Head to understand what actions are required to close out findings. Implement required actions.
- During scheduled audits and management assurance reviews, ensure that all information required by the auditors are provided timeously.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations.
- Log all Risk and Loss events as a result of error or fraud highlighted in the department.
- Ensure that the issues are thoroughly investigated and closed or escalated as per policy.
- Ensure that the CIB team understands all Trade related compliance requirements and highlight gaps to the the required authority
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to by arrange regular training/ knowledge sharing sessions on Trade and working capital to the relevant stakeholders to enahance basic understanding on the trade products
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Business Improvement Orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)