Website Amref Health Africa Tanzania
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa.
Amref Health Africa – Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral, and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancy:
|Studio Interns/volunteer (2)
|Head of Communication & Partnerships
|Dar es salaam
The Photography, Videography, and Studio Volunteer will provide support to the Communications & Partnership unit in implementing the organization’s documentation and Amref Afya Studio Work Plan. The volunteer will be responsible for various tasks related to photography, videography and studio operations with opportunities for learning, engagement, and innovation to contribute to the development of the unit and organization
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture studio contents and edit high-quality photos and videos for organization documentation.
- Photos should include landscape and portrait shots of the same subjects, with dramatic angles and different perspectives and well archived.
- Videos should consist of footages and final edited content documenting interventions, interviews, features, and testimonials and well archived.
- Archive and uploading all footages of photos and videos final products for records in Amref SharePoint folder.
- Assist the Communication team in designing and production of various multimedia audio visual.
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio/ video recording and editing equipment in the studio.
- Keep the studio clean and ready for operations at any given time by coordinating daily cleanliness and arrangement of equipment.
- Support the unit in brainstorming and developing creative ideas for production studio projects and other organization requests.
- Ensure proper handling and maintenance of studio equipment. Pack equipment in the prescribed manner, return all equipment safely, and send faulty equipment for repair.
- Coordinate program presenters, contributors, and staff in the studio. Maintain discipline and observe safety regulations during rehearsals, recordings, and transmissions at the Amref Afya Studio.
- Prepare reports outlining past and future programs, including content/ scripts.
- Prepare guests and presenters for studio appearances. Provide necessary equipment, such as microphones and talkback boxes. Provide a daily report of studio schedule and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualities/Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in video production and photography or additional 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Multimedia, Film, Mass Communications, Journalism, Studio Production Graphic & Design, Visual Communication, digital creatives, Advertising, Marketing, or related fields
- Strong knowledge of the use of different platforms/software (i.e., Adobe Creative Cloud Programs, Final Cut Pro etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in audio-visual production, newsroom skills, studio digital content creation, and IECs production.
- Ability to capture, edit, and deliver high-resolution digital content (videos and photos) according to agreed production timelines.
- Proficiency in filming broadcast-quality video and audio and script writing.
- Knowledge of different video formats and file conversions.
- Proven experience in post-production, creating photo and video stories.
- Understanding of communication requirements.
- Familiarity with new evolving technologies such as drone operation and digital platforms.
- Explorative, creative, flexible, and reliable.
- Attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please visit Amref’s website https://amref.org/vacancies/ Amref will conduct interviews at Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on January 31, 2024.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.