Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Supervisor – HME Field Services Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor – HME Field Services
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – HME Field Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To do Mining Equipments’ Maintenance i.e., Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance and breakdown work. Should do as much as possible to have much of planned task and minimize break down work which is very possible by doing proper and effective inspection during daily routine inspection as scheduled and recording defects for planning maintenance and ad hoc work purpose which will lead to have right schedule time for the tasks during planning meeting.Maintain safety standard throughout before, during and after completion of the task executions.
- Advance Diploma or Full Technician Certificate in Mechanical or its equivalent.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- A Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in the Mining Industry.
- Must have a valid Tanzania driving license.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Doing effective mechanical inspection on the equipment during Preventive and routine daily inspection as per work package
- Self-driving on attending equipment break downs at the field.
- Do his best to make sure that break down are minimized and do much of planned works.
- Maintain safety standards and be brother’s keeper in the team.
- Works under minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Avoid been conflicts creator within the team.
- Works by following ethics and compliances requirements as per “Anglo Gold Ashanti”.
- Have honest communication within the team and to all cross functional department and GGM in general.
- Understand the company Value that “safety is our number 1 value”.
- Maintain good housekeeping all the time.
- Repair equipment and completion of the report to his/her supervisor.
- Execute all assign task in a timely manner
- Demonstrate Work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for purpose without exceeding required by date for work completion.
- Engage with the work execution team to contribute to planning details from those expected to do the work.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate the team.
- Effective critical thinking skills to reason and identify problems and concerns of alternative solutions to problems.
- Committed to ongoing training and development with the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high level of organization.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and results-driven with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be“ Supervisor – HME Field Service’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd January 2024 at 5:30 Pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.