Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Surveyor 2 – Quantity Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Surveyor 2 – Quantity
Contract type & Duration: Specified time contract – (2 years)
R Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Civil Works
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The core aim of this role is to check and prepare a ‘schedule of quantities’ — estimates of the material and labour costs — that contractors’ tenders can be measured against for in corporate and social responsibility projects, capital projects, mine site projects and ensuring on time ordering, delivery, accruals, monitoring and auditing of capital & community projects, keep records of playlists for Forced Accounts, Consultants and contractors invoices. The role also requires doing valuation works for interim and final payments, prepare activity schedule, measurement works on the bill of quantities, program of works, preparation of work and methods of works.
- BSc. in Construction Management, Building Economics qualification.
- Professional Registered by the Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyor of Tanzania (AQRB)
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- 3 years working experience as Quantity Surveyor in Construction Industry especially on Government projects or Corporate Social Responsibility Projects or PPP Projects.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhere to Health, Safety & Security Policies of AngloGold Ashanti
- Managing the finances for any kind of construction project
- Working to keep the project on time and within budget
- Making sure that construction costs and production are managed as efficiently as possible
- Resolving disputes between contracting parties
- Conduct cost impact analysis, value engineering and help the design team stay within the project budget using practical solutions
- Evaluation of tenders for all Community Investment projects operational projects and capital projects
- Valuation and prepare a statement of final account, which records the actual costs for all sections of the project.
- Administration of the MMRS database, data entries to the database, reconciliation of projects data, capturing and releasing day works certificates.
- Manage and control spending of annual budget of approximated USD 6,015,000 pa
- Represent the Company to the inter-governmental related meetings concerning implementation of CSR project
Surveyor 2 – Quantity Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- A Project Management Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Valid Tanzania Driver’s License
- Computer competences (High level of computer skills especially MS Projects, MS Words, MS Excel, Auto CAD, Archi CAD, Ripac Software, Visual Basic, MS Power Point, ArchiCAD, Prokon, CMMS- Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, UQTO, Primavera Or related estimating software’s
- Project Management Skills
- Procurement and Contract Administration Skills
- Business Acumen
- Good Communication Skills and Stakeholder Engagement
- Customer Orientation
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Conflict management skills
- Communication Skills
- Outstanding Work Ethics
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY buttorn below
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Surveyor 2 – Quantity”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 14th April 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS )