Website Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS)
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS) is an independent foundation working with smallholder families in coffee regions
Title of Position: Transport Officer – Mbeya
Organization, Country: Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa
About Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS) is a non-profit foundation. HRNS is headquartered in Germany while the organization is active worldwide. With the objective of promoting sustainable development, HRNS implements hands-on projects to improve working and living conditions of farmers and their communities.
Working for HRNS you will find yourself surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about and dedicated to the mission and vision of the Foundation. Joining HRNS means being part of a diverse team with varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We follow the principle of equal opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa, has a strong presence in Tanzania with projects currently being implemented in Arusha, Kilimanaro Ruvuma, Songwe and Mbeya Regions.
For its office in Mbeya, Tanzania, HRNS is recruiting a Transport Officer.
Purpose of Position
The objective of this position is to oversee all HRNS TZ fleet and all motorbikes. The TO is responsible for dispatching drivers, monitoring vehicle movements, ensuring timely and proper maintenance and repairs, tracking fuel usage and consumption rates, fuelling of vehicles and motorbikes and arranging for rental vehicles as necessary. The TO shall ensure proper maintenance is being done, and coach drivers on proper driving and maintenance techniques. The TO shall be able to drive and act as a back-up driver, as needed. The TO is also responsible for the processing of data and to produce reports needed by the HRNS TZ related to transportation logistics..
- Supervise drivers, and rental or temporary drivers
- Maintain a box filing system for each vehicle and motorbike that stores all information (vehicle/motorbike purchase, insurance & registration documents along with all interventions on the vehicle/motorbike which will include servicing/repairs and accidents reports, log sheets and other relevant documents).
- Oversee the work of the mechanic/driver, ensuring monthly repair and travel plans are developed and adhered to.
- Compile the monthly/quarterly fuel and maintenances reports.
- Ensure drivers and all organization asset users have an up-to-date and proper license.
- Oversee recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates in traffic rules, signage, signaling, and practical driving.
- Act as the line manager to transport personnel, evaluate employee performance, allocate and rotate appropriate work assignments, develop training plans.
- Submit regular and comprehensive monthly fuel reports to the supervisor on vehicle movements and fuel usage.
- Ensure the vehicles are used in accordance with HRNS TZ Rules and Regulations and that vehicle usage data (logbook) is correctly recorded.
- Perform any other related duties when required
- To assist in the logistical planning that will be required by the Projects Managers.
- Controlling of fuel cards and make sure all cards are on time replenished to it maximum limited allowable litters.
- Implementation of Transport policy approved by management.
- Ensure observance of road safety standards; ensure project vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems and tools.
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
- To provide monthly reports on fuel consumption, mileage, and maintenance work undertaken.
- Prepare weekly schedules and transport plan for drivers.
- Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with Finance Manager to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Be responsible to implement the pick and drop schedule of staff and visitors from and to prescribed destinations.
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles between HRNS Offices and the field and between field offices.
- Check HRNS TZ vehicle logs information weekly, make corrections where necessary and sign off in each log to verify that this has been done. Collect vehicle logs from the field and review for accuracy. Discuss problems with logs with drivers and train drivers on how to properly fill in vehicle logs.
- Collect daily and weekly vehicle checklists, verify their accuracy, and work with drivers to correct any problems.
- Track Field Office transport personnel and vehicle movements.
- Manage relations with vehicle rental vendors and manage vehicle rentals as necessary for project operations.
- Act as back-up driver when needed.
- To advise on imminent maintenance and repair work that may have to be undertaken.
- To report condition of vehicles and/or motorbikes to the Country Manager.
- In case of accident to conform to the correct procedures for road traffic accidents.
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensure the maintenance, oiling and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed.
- Track repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair processes.
- Prepare services requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate garages.
- Maintain good working relationships with venders of vehicle services and parts and liaise with them regularly on vehicle repairs to ensure repairs are appropriate and done thoroughly.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years
- Excellent Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail along with data entry experience).Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a diverse team
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
How to apply
If you are interested in the position and feel you match the above qualifications and experience, we welcome you to apply. Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations and preferred date of commencement in English to: email@example.com by Jan 31, 2024.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kind regards, HRNS