Website ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited
Absa Bank Tanzania Limited, formerly Barclays Bank Tanzania Limited, is a commercial bank in Tanzania and a subsidiary of South Africa-based Absa Group Limited.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
• A key and integral member of the CMC providing analysis, insight and advice by ensuring timely, accurate and relevant financial information to support business monitoring and decision making.
• Providing Management and Leadership to Finance team
• Development and implementation of appropriate business strategies in conjunction with the Business and other functions.
• Champion MTP and the Budgeting process.
• Champion Productivity and Cost management Programme within BBT
• Being an active member of ALCO and CMC, contribute to the identification, measurement and management of risk /return trade offs in order to maximize returns.
• Member of the Board
• Deliver Improved Risk Management control and compliance
• Support and monitoring of a high quality control environment
• Ensuring delivery of exceptional service to our customers Internal and external.
• Ensure the Bank and in particular Finance has great people doing a great job.
• Champion Absa involvement in society.
• Develop and implement step change improvement.
• As an executive, supporting the achievement of the Groups goals. (GRB)
• Manage Tax & Regulatory issues.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Business Management and Planning – 40%
- Achieve financial targets – income /cost / profits.
- Prepare contingency plans – identification, measurement and management of risks to budget / plans with the view to protecting performance targets.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic Business Plans.
- Improve the cost management framework and disciplines to ensure sustainable cost savings and productivity improvements.
- As a key member of ALCO to regularly attend meetings and contribute to the identification, measurement and management of risk /return trade offs in order to maximize returns.
- Constantly review capital levels and initiate action to maintain capital at optimal levels.
- Support and constructively challenge the business functions to achieve their Budgets, by developing performance measures that support the Banks strategic direction.
- Prepare Present and Interpret Management Information and Financial reports to senior management.
- Improve management information.
- Improve communication within Finance and across functions.
Risk Management – 40%
- Managing financial risk – acquainting with and complying with all relevant Group Governance, including policies documented in the Absa Africa Governance Manual and in the Absa Finance Governance manual.
- Understand and mitigate Key elements of the Banks Financial Risk Profile
- Develop and Monitor Reliable Financial control systems.
- Report Risk issues to the Board Audit Committee.
- Improve external compliance and maintain relations with the External Auditors, Tax Authorities and the Regulator to ensure the Bank complies with all regulatory requirements
Staff Management – 20%
- Provide Leadership , Training and Supervision within the Finance and Operational Risk Departments
- Identify, develop and position talent within the business to maximize value opportunities, improve mix of skills within the Finance and Operational risk functions.
- Help team members to identify strengths and weaknesses in their own skills and attributes, review their self development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
- Coach Team members on planning , performance management and Financial control
- Identify a successor.
- Assess performance against contract for direct reports and to review all other assessments of Finance staff
Chief Financial Officer Job Vacancy at ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited
Technical skills / Competencies
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Strong Financial Management skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent understanding of global and local economic trends
- Good knowledge of Tanzania’s fiscal, monetary and banking legislation.
- Strong Formal presentation skills.
- competitive activity
- Good understanding of global and domestic economic trends.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy
- Strong team player with good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Ability to influence senior management across the business.
- Experience in the financial services environment
- Good PC/systems skills.
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s financial, costing and management accounting processes.
- Excellent knowledge of the bank’s products and services.
- Excellent Knowledge of Bank’s balance sheet structure
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Experience of working in a financially focused role.
- Experience of providing financial support and advising and influencing business management.
- Excellent analytical skills to enable financial and operational analysis and interpretation.
- Able to assimilate, interpret and communicate complex financial analysis to non-financial people.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Leadership and Team Management training.
- Product / Service knowledge
- Influencing and Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration /Finance or other related field.
- A CPA Holder
- At least 10 years’ experience, 6 in management role
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Financial Sciences (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.