Website Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES)
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not-for-profit, service company registered under the Companies Act that operates four schools in Tanzania. AKES, T vision is to provide accessible, world-class education, that prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded, articulate, and ethical young people with academic gualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network(AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire qualified candidates for the below posts; all roles are based in Dar es Salaam.
Curriculum Enhancement – Teacher Coach
- Supports the development of the curriculum, i.e., the IB programmes customized to meet the vision of the Aga Khan Academies through the Aga Khan Strands
- Supports the Academies’ preparations for the IB’s evaluation and quality assurance visits;
- Builds capacity in the faculty to ensure improvements are sustainable;
- Supports students by helping to develop a culture of success and achievement in partnership with the Academy’s faculty and staff; and
- Plays a full part in the lives of the Academies while on campus.
- Contributes to the strategic planning for teachers’ professional development across the network with respect to their discipline or specific area of expertise.
Curriculum Enhancement – Teacher Coach Vacancy at Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES)
Qualifications & Experience
- Master Degree in Education
- Over 5 years of experience in a senior supervisory position in IB programmes (PYP; MYP; or DP)
- Proven ability to bring the best out of teachers and to effect sustainable improvements in teaching quality
- Proven record of success as an IB teacher coach
- Proven ability to work in partnership with Academy teams, in building strengths to support their work in raising achievement of students;
- Ability to use technology in an integrated way to promote students’ learning;
- Intercultural appreciation of the work of teachers and support staff in the contexts of the Academies;
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter that demonstrates their suitability for the role with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and the names of three professional referees one should be the current employer, and should be emailed by April 28, 2023, to:
The Human Resources Manager Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania P.O. Box 12563 Dar es Salaam Email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.