Website AB InBev / TBL PLC
TBL Plc is a subsidiary of ABInBev. ABInBev is the largest brewer in the world.
Director: Lca Tz Job Vacancy at AB InBev / TBL PLC
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
Drive and lead the Tanzania Legal and Corporate Affairs agenda: government and stakeholder relations, corporate reputation and communications, communities support projects, legal projects, and compliance and governance priorities. Manage and lead Tanzania Legal and Corporate Affairs team.
Partner with the business to actively shape regulation affecting the industry and safeguard and improve corporate reputation. Manage relationships with key external stakeholders including Government and the Tanzania Revenue Authority, together with industry associations and regulators.
Support the Tanzania business and liaise with the Africa Regional and Global management teams. Together with the Legal Manager (reports into this role) provide legal and risk advice on a wide range of commercial transactions and risk assessments, including competition law, litigation and innovation.
Develop, manage and lead the Tanzania Legal and Corporate Affairs team, including people development and strategic planning.
Position holder will have a key role on the Tanzania management committee and will be expected to input into a wide range of management issues.
- East Africa Business Unit President (East Africa CEO)
- East Arica and Tanzania management committees
- Tanzania Breweries Limited Board of Directors
- Senior leaders throughout business
- Global Legal and Corporate Affairs colleagues in External Affairs, Communications, Legal and
- Compliance (US and Belgium)
- Africa Legal and Corporate Affairs Director and Africa VP – Finance
- All departments across the Tanzania operations, including breweries and Brewery Managers
- Government Ministries
- Tanzania Revenue Authority
- Constituency MPs, Parliamentary Groups
- Trade Associations
- Communications and public affairs agencies and law firms
- Regulatory bodies
- Managing and leading the Tanzania Corporate Affairs and Legal agenda and strategy
- Strategy for Government and stakeholder relations, corporate reputation management and corporate brand communications
- Proactive leading on training/ compliance and risk management for the Tanzania business
- Key advice and strategy across the business (including to East Africa Business Unit President)
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Drive the agenda in protecting the business’ interest at a local level and ascertain adherence to business ethics as well as to existing policies
- Supervise and, together with Legal Manager coordinate any material court proceedings and litigation settlements
- Lead and manage key strategic projects and transactions
- Legal responsibility for marketing, advertising and sales promotion materials
Qualifications and Technical competencies required:
Candidates can have either a Corporate Affairs/Communications/External Affairs/Government or Legal background, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to interact with and influence senior stakeholders
- Leading and managing people experience
- Board experience (Desirable)
- Strong academic background and experience
- FMCG experience (Desirable)
- Ideally an understanding of industry value chains, particularly agriculture
- Ideally some International understanding/experience, given the nature of the global business
- Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Highly-developed all round business and commercial sense Further requirements
- Full engagement with AB InBev’s 10 Principles (see www.ab-inbev.com)
- Target-driven/ think big
- Enthusiasm/ highly ambitious
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong leadership (impact and influence)
- Management of people – coordinate mid-sized team
- Strong personality with strong communication and negotiating skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work autonomously, in a result-orientated and effective problem-solving way
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Analytical mind
- Ability to build strong relationships, networks & teams internally and externally Ability to deliver extraordinary result.
- Band: V