LVIA is an Italian NGO operating in Dodoma region.
Driver in Dodoma Job Vacancy at LVIA
LVIA is looking for a Driver for the AICS funded project entitled “Diverse Food System: Improving Nutrition by Supporting a Diversified and Sustainable Food System,”
Office Location: DODOMA
Starting date: February 2024, 10 months contract, renewable
Salary: according to the experience and level of education of the selected candidate
Who we are
Lay Volunteers International Association (LVIA) is an Italian NGO working in ten African Countries including Tanzania with Headquarters in Cuneo Italy while in Tanzania our offices are in Kongwa District of Dodoma Region (P.O.BOX 160, Kongwa), in Dodoma and in Chake Chake (Pemba). LVIA has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years in supporting the community development especially on agriculture, health, and the improvement of access to potable water and hygiene.
We are seeking a reliable and experienced Driver. The successful candidate will be responsible for the transportation of project staff. The driver will also be required to maintain the vehicle in good condition and follow all traffic laws and regulations.
- Safely transport project staff to and from designated locations.
- Ensure timely arrival and departure for project-related activities.
- Vehicle Maintenance:
- Conduct regular vehicle checks and ensure proper maintenance.
- Report any mechanical issues promptly to the designated authority.
- Security and Safety:
- Adhere to all traffic rules and regulations.
- Implement safety measures to ensure the well-being of passengers.
- Logistics Support:
- Assist in loading and unloading project materials and equipment.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator to plan logistics for field activities.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of trips, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Submit regular reports to the administrative department.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience as a driver, preferably in an NGO or similar setting.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Familiarity with local traffic rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends if required.
- Be a Tanzanian citizen, with a deep knowledge of the local context of Pemba Island.
The Employee is requested to keep a flexible attitude and good degree of adaptation to possible modifications and/or integration to the foreseen duties on the basis of necessities that may arise locally, and to make an effort to integrate his/her work in the wider context of LVIA presence in Tanzania in order to facilitate consistency and continuity among current and prospective projects.
We want to make sure we select candidates who pay attention to details and are able to understand and follow organizational procedures.
Only the applications adhering to the following instructions will be taken into consideration:
- Submit your application via email to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or delivery to LVIA OFFICE, AREA D, near GREENLAND BAR, DODOMA
- before 12:00 (EAT) of the 31st of January 2024
- The object shall state: “Application for Driver in DODOMA”.
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae, with a minimum of three references.
LVIA is sensitive to equal employment rights for vulnerable groups, so we particularly encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.