Website FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina.
The Finance and Grants Officer will be responsible for the program financial and grant management and ensure compliance with FHI 360 and USAID financial procedures, rules and regulations. She/he will assist with budget development, financial reporting, monitor program expenditures and maintain financial filing systems. The Finance and Grants Officer will support sub-awardees in strengthening their financial management and compliance systems. She/he will oversee the review of sub-recipient financial reports and ensure timely sub-recipient advance and liquidation processes. The Finance and Grants Officer will work with the Finance Manager to ensure that sub-recipient questioned costs and audit findings are addressed timeously.
- Perform sub recipient pre-award assessment process and oversee the award negotiations of selected sub-recipients as well as preparation of award letters and negotiation memorandum
- Review critical sub award terms and conditions with sub recipients to ensure they have full
- understanding of the sub award agreement
- Facilitate and ensure sub award contracts are fully executed prior to commencement of activities and release of funds to sub recipients
- Manages contract set-up in the contract management and/or financial management system.
- Develop Subaward monitoring plan for each sub recipient
- Prepares sub award obligations and de-obligations, modifications and other relevant documents for review by Finance Manager.
- In collaboration with the CO Finance Team, prepare and manage the audit process, internal and external audits
- Management of sub-recipient monitoring schedules based on risk and ensuring the tracking of mitigating support as well as ensuring that corrective actions are taken
- Sub-recipient pipeline analysis
- Coordinate the onsite and offsite compliance as well as financial management technical assistance plans for all sub-recipients
- Management of financial capacity development plans for all sub-recipients and ensuring required mentoring is conducted
- Ensure practical mentoring sessions are conducted and documented based on financial capacity development initiatives undertaken for sub-recipients
- Coordinate the development and revisions of relevant finance related training materials, tools and resources for sub-recipients as well as facilitating the relevant training sessions
- Oversee the review of sub-recipient financial reports and cost share reports applying accounting and auditing principles as well as USG rules and regulations.
- Management of timely sub-recipient advance and liquidation process
- Prepare payment and travel advance vouchers and reconciliations of the travel expense reports
- Coordination between departments to ensure sub-recipient questioned costs are addressed timeously
- Ensure SFR, OCIA, internal control and other systemic findings are addressed and fixed timeously
- Ensure sub-recipients and contractors comply with terms and conditions in the signed contracts/subawards
- Initiate and administer yearly contract and sub-award modifications and approvals such as lifting of specific conditions, scope adjustments, personnel changes, budget re-alignment, performance period and all related changes of sub agreements
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all USG Rules and Regulations
- Ensure that all grant related documentation including reporting, deliverables and related financial/technical documentation are updated, completed and properly filed
- Work with the technical team on seamless start up and /or close out processes of sub-awards
Finance and Grants Officer Job Vacancy at FHI 360
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with 5-7 years of experience with subaward administration and compliance for USG-funded projects (USAID/PEPFAR preferred); or master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience with subaward administration and/or compliance for USG-funded projects (USAID/PEPFAR preferred).
- Familiarity with or knowledge of USAID-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures. Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Familiarity with South Africa public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing large volumes of high-value subawards with local partners.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and manage high volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively, and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural environment.
- Ability to supervise the finance team and create and manage team schedules
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the Key Populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This is a fixed term contract ending 30 September 2023.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Have a look at: The Top 13 Modern CV Secrets
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.