Website Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Graduate Geologist 1 – Mine Geology Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Ltd – 2 Positions
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Geologist 1 – Mine Geology
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Terms Contract (Two Years)
Reporting to: Geologist 3 – Mine Geology.
Number of Positions: Two (2)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To support Mine geology Open Pit production activities by understanding the controls of mineralization,
orebody style and dimensions for optimization of mineable ore block shape and mining technique to
minimize dilution and ore loss.
- Tertiary Education in Geoscience related field (BSc. Degree in Geology, with Geology, in Engineering Geology etc.) from a recognized Institution.
- Must possess Class D and/ or above, Tanzanian driver’s license.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least one Year experience in both OP& UG mining activities.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensuring that all geology work is undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Assist Mine Geologist in developing a full understanding of the geology, orebody, structural conditions, and controls on mineralization for each deposit.
- Assist Mine Geologist to produce a geological, structural, alteration, and mineralization map of a pit every bench or cross sections on mining faces.
- Ensure a high-quality control of sample collection is maintained from different sampling points.
- Assist Mine Geologist to communicate results and theories to Ore control Technician, Modelling and Evaluation Geologist and other stakeholders.
- Understand blast movement motoring techniques and ensure ore block demarcation is correctly done.
- Assist Mine Geologist to record ore material movement and ensure they end-up on correct destination.
- Assist Mine geologist to collect samples from faces and stockpiles for mapping and grade performance checks.
- Ensuring all grade control samples are collected from drilling site to geology dispatching without violating QAQC standards.
- Maintain proper communication between ROM pad ore controller, truck operators, Excavator Operators, and other stakeholders.
- Physical fitness for field work
- Experience on geological mapping skills will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY NOW button below
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Graduate Geologist 1 – Mine Geology.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th November 2023 at 5:30 PM.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com