Website Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
Graduate – Mining Engineer Job Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Mining Engineer (UG)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – UG Mine Planning
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The graduate will gain industry experience through participation in a structured development program of 3 years duration. The graduate initially gains technical work exposure by rotating through various tasks and teams as determined in the Graduate Programme Framework. The complexity of work progresses as the graduate is deemed competent in predetermined work areas. The graduate is ultimately accountable for driving their own development with the support and guidance of their direct supervisors and mentor.
- Degree in Mining Engineering or relevant discipline.
- At least 1-year of experience acquired during practical training.
- Experience with MS Office software.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contribute to quality discipline service delivery, understanding, and interpretation of discipline information within the team.
- Actively engage in training programs to gain a comprehensive understanding of mining processes, safety protocols, and relevant regulations.
- Collect and analyze data related to mining operations, including production metrics, ore quality, and equipment performance.
- Contribute to the delivery of the relevant discipline specific services, keeping in mind deadlines and targets for the purpose of achieving the predetermined budget.
- Prepare regular reports summarizing findings and insights for review by senior engineers and management.
- Participate in fieldwork and site visits to gain practical experience in the day-to-day operations of a mine.
- Support senior engineers in the development of mine plans, including layout design, stope planning, and scheduling.
- Conduct inspections to understand safety protocols and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in conducting geotechnical assessments to understand ground stability and identify potential hazards.
- Gain hands-on experience in the operation and maintenance of mining equipment.
- Collaborate with maintenance teams to understand equipment reliability and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation, including technical reports, project plans, and progress updates.
- Contribute to improvement of organizational capability of the work team to deliver strategies and advice that support the LOM Plan.
- Provide accurate and timely preparation of data and relevant reports on process performance.
- Work with colleagues within business unit, to maximize organizational value.
- Contribute towards a safe work environment, implement, and deliver compliance with SHE&C plans, management systems and processes within their team.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with colleagues, business partners, and other stakeholders, utilizing these relationships to successfully resolve issues if, or when, they arise.
- Discipline knowledge commensurate with studies.
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Graduate Mining Engineer (UG).”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 12th February 2024 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.anglogoldashanti.com.