The International Organization for Migration
Groundskeeper Job Vacancy at IOM
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Groundskeeper-1 Position
Position grade G-1
Duty station Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Durations 1 Year with possibility of extension
Position number To be created
Job family Support
Organizational unit Resource Management Unit
Reports directly to Senior Human Resource Assistant
Overall Supervised by Resource Management Office
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Dar es Salaam and direct supervision of the Senior Human Resource Assistant, the staff will be responsible and accountable for the garden and office ground Maintenance.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
1. Performs gardening services in the Office, associated buildings and residences.
2. Tends and maintains gardens, planted areas and yards.
3. Plants flowers, bushes, and trees.
4. Trims trees, branches, and bushes.
5. Maintains a program for controlling pests and plant disease so as to maintain, flowers, planted pots, interior and exterior, shrubs, vines, trees, and other planted areas in a healthy and vigorous condition.
6. Cleans the office surrounding sidewalks, roads, and parking lots.
7. To make sure the generator has sufficient fuel at all times.
8. Ensuring that all outside bins are emptied regularly, picked up on designated dates and to remain covered at all times.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
View also: Cleaner Job Vacancy at IOM
Groundskeeper Job Vacancy at IOM
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum High School Degree/Certificate Or Diploma in related field or.
• Secondary Diploma. Experience:
• Minimum of six months’ work experience in office cleaning.
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
• Good knowledge in garden maintenance.
• Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations.
For this position, fluency in English and Kiswahili are required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 April 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org