Website Fabec Investment Ltd
A leading multi-disciplinary international contractor established and registered in 2003 in Tanzania.
Health, Safety, And Environmental (Hse) Officer – Civil Construction Vacancy at Fabec Investment Ltd
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL (HSE) OFFICER – CIVIL CONSTRUCTION
As an HSE Officer in our Civil Construction Company, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining health, safety, and environmental programs to ensure a secure and compliant work environment. Your role is crucial in fostering a culture of safety, minimizing risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance across construction projects.
Safety Program Management:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Develop and implement comprehensive health and safety programs for construction sites.
- Conduct regular safety audits and inspections to identify potential hazards and ensure adherence to safety protocols.
- Stay current with local, state, and federal safety regulations governing the construction industry.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with all relevant safety standards and requirements.
- Monitor compliance with policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Conduct risk assessments for construction activities and develop strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Collaborate with project managers and engineers to integrate safety measures into project planning.
Training and Awareness:
- Provide safety training to construction personnel on topics such as hazard identification, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage, and emergency response procedures.
- Promote a culture of safety awareness and accountability throughout the organization.
- Conduct thorough investigations of accidents, incidents, and near misses.
- Analyze root causes and recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
Emergency Response Planning:
- Develop and implement emergency response plans for construction sites.
- Coordinate drills and training exercises to ensure effective response in case of emergencies.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of safety inspections, incidents, and training sessions.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on safety performance and compliance to management.
- Communicate safety guidelines, updates, and best practices to all levels of the organization.
- Facilitate safety meetings and toolbox talks to disseminate important safety information.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Relevant OSHA certifications NOSHC 1 &II or equivalent.
- 6 years of Proven experience in health and safety roles within the construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively train and educate personnel on safety matters.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates kindly forward your application to email@example.com Deadline will be on 21st February 2024.
Read Also: The Top Soft Skills to Include in Any CV
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org