Website Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO.
Human Resource Officer Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Human Resource Officer (Temporary Position) at Good Neighbors February, 2023
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Human Resource Officer (Temporary Position)
Reports to: DOHRA Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: April-December, 2023 (9-month contract with 4-month probation, contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance or/and mutual agreement)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Head Office is looking for a suitable candidate for the mentioned post, who will be responsible to carry out HR business in the organization in order to ensure that, the welfare of staff and the organization are met so that the organization performs all of its operations efficiently. This role also includes administrative tasks including managing organization registrations, receiving and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general duties.
View also : HR Business Partner – ekaterra Tea Tanzania Job Vacancy at Unilever – Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to prepare and coordinate staff recruitment according to organization procedures.
- Processing and managing work, residence permits and camp permits for expatriates including renewals and annual returns.
- Manage performance management process by ensuring staff performance tools are in place, appraisal documents are properly filled and kept in employees’ files.
- Assist to prepare monthly payroll and ensure statutory contributions are submitted within time including follow up of payment receipts and other inquiries.
- Assist to make follow up on leave and attendance management including preparing monthly reports, follow up on pending leaves etc.
- Manage legal consultation service from Legal Consultant including preparing contracts & renewals, budget plan and payments, communications and any other follow up.
- Managing monthly work group meetings including checking agendas, participants status and collecting related meeting minutes and share with line manager on monthly basis.
- Review and advise on internal regulation in compliance to government laws and regulations relating to HR, Labor laws etc. and provide answers to whenever issues occur.
- Assist to prepare and coordinate staff training, programs and development activities.
- Assist to prepare employees contracts and develop terms and conditions.
- Prepare and organize filing systems and record keeping for important and confidential organization documents i.e. contracts, reports, official letter etc. and ensuring unified filling system.
- Manage rental office issues including rent contract review, signing, renewals, rent fees, withholding taxes, documentation, communicating with landlords and other related duties as may be directed.
- Preparing budget requests, final spending summaries, official letters, expense reports etc. as may be assigned.
Human Resource Officer Job Vacancy at Good Neighbors
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource or any other related field.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in HR or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment legislations, policies and best practices.
- Analytical skills including ability to make analysis in recruitment, shortlist etc.
- Familiarity in NGO environment and operations.
- Skills in using HR software and systems especially in payroll, leave, recruitment etc.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making. Strong ethics and reliability.
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, time management and adaptability to transitions.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff and other people.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Ability to perform any other related duties as may be required.
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 14th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
- All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
View also: Head Of Human Resource And Administration Job Vacancy at Precision Air Services Plc
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. Please Click here to access and review GN Safeguarding Policy.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.