DAI, an international development company. DAI works on the frontlines of international development.
DAI is looking to recruit Office Manager
Job Objective: To support the project team by managing the project office and acting as PA to the Team Leader and the Project Director
Reporting to: Team Leader, Project Director
- To ensure that the office is maintained in an efficient and effective manner;
- To act as PA to the Team Leader and the Project Director.
- Implement sound accounting procedures in accordance with EU rules and regulations.
- Elaborate regular reports on expenditure, cost control and propose remedial measures.
- Provide proper financial documentation for personnel and financial records, and procurements.
- Carry out timely bank reconciliations.
- Provide regular financial reports as stipulated under the EU rules and regulations.
- Recording project expenditures and day-to-day management of the office funds under supervision of the Team Leader.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports;
- Maintaining office equipment, control of office supplies and supervision of office support and cleaning services;
- Control of the office meeting room, support to meetings as necessary;
- Reproduction of documentation and photocopying;
- Distribution and mailing;
- Maintain Project Contacts List;
- Liaison with visiting international experts: assist with arrangement of accommodation, arrivals/departures, office systems;
- OM works for the Team Leader and the Project Director – maintaining diaries, arranging meetings, travel;
- Research of relevant policies and best practice documents and collection of relevant data
- Drafting of background documents, promotional and visibility documents and provision of support in drafting technical reports
- Provision of support to the project team during field missions (site visits, workshops, conferences etc.) including preparatory work and follow-up.
Other tasks will include:
- Preparing letters or translations as needed
- Editing and formatting documents
- Other tasks as indicate
Required Education :
- BA Administration or equivalent/students in last years of study also will be considered
- Previous experience in EU or other donor funded projects would be considered as advantage
Essential skills and experience :
- Fluency in English and French is a must and an ability to work occasionally in a translation or interpreting role will be an advantage;
- Experience working in an office is important and experience in an office working with international contacts or staff will be an advantage;
- Good computing skills – Fluency in Word and Excel essential;
- Experience with all normal forms of office equipment.
- Diligence, good work ethic, punctuality;
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Time-Schedule: Full-Time, The duration of this assignment will be for the whole project duration starting with the day of signing of a contract.
Interested candidates shall send their CV and cover letter in English by 16 June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.