Website RTI International
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide.
RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative,multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity.
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for candidates to fill the following positions under the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The positions will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the management of project procurements in full compliance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Serve as a Procurement Officer for the project, assuring all contracts and consultancies awarded by the project are in compliance with RTI Procurement Policy for International Offices and USAID rules and regulations.
- Identify vendors in accordance with RTI procurement procedures and in consultation with RTI’s regional and head offices.
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from regional or head office IT support team members for related IT goods.
- Coordinate and ensure that project related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the purchase authorization matrix.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore, ensure quality and opportune delivery of purchased goods/services.
Procurement Officer Job Vacancy at RTI International
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Procurement with 3 years working experience in project procurement and administration or master’s degree in relevant field and 1 years working experience.
- Additional professional training in procurement preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with international development organizations.
How to apply
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may submit an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 5th June 2023.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org