Website RTI International
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- In collaboration with other project staff, provide monitoring, supervision and capacity building during the implementation of project activities.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation Research, Learning and Adapting (MERLA) Officer on data management, analysis and archiving, and translating data into action.
- Collaborate with the Program Officer on organizing, implementing and evaluating all workshops, training and technical meetings funded under the Act | East program, as well as all Health System Strengthening and Learning activities.
- Assist the Program Manager in managing relationships with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other key stakeholders at the national, regional, and district levels to ensure the successful implementation of all project activities.
- Assist the Program Manager in developing annual project workplans and budgets.
- Supervise the implementation of Disease Specific Assessment (DSA) activities, e.g. pre-Transmission Assessment Survey (pre-TAS), TAS, and others, and ensure quality of implementation to meet the protocol requirements as well as the data quality.
- Facilitate participants’ payments for specific activities in the field, e.g. TAS, workshops, or training, as needed.
- Perform other duties related to other technical activities as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Perform other duties as per project needs.
Program Assistant Job Vacancy at RTI International
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 1 year of experience or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to travel to the field for about 40% of the time
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with Tanzanian government units at all levels as well as local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high-pressure tasks.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with international development organizations, with its systems and policies
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in matrix organization
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking settings
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Maximum Salary: $116,000
- Minimum Salary: $94,000