Pact's many years in Tanzania have played a crucial role in reducing HIV and AIDS across the country.
Pact is an international non-profit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. To learn more about Pact Tanzania, visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, and civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
Pact Tanzania is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and energetic individual for the role of Programs and Communication Assistant, as described in the details below:
Position: Programs and Communication Assistant, Head Office (Dar es Salaam) (1 position)
Division: Programs, Africa Region
Reporting relationship: Deputy Regional Director, Africa
Contract Duration: 1 year contract (Renewable)
The Programs and Communication Assistant will support Pact’s Regional Director Africa (RD) and Deputy Regional Director Africa (DRD) with administrative support for program oversight and strategic engagement across the region. The Programs and Communication Assistant will provide research support for the Africa Programs as required, as well as day-to-day administrative support.
The role will support production and quality enhancement of digital and thought leadership communications for the country offices where Pact operates in Africa Region. The role will also include a significant amount of desk research and logistics and will offer the opportunities to gain experience working in an international NGO. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, entry-level professional who wishes to gain valuable experience working in the NGO sector at the Africa Regional level. The majority of activities and interactions with Pact staff will be conducted virtually.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Programs and Administrative Support (75%)
- Conduct background research on specific country contexts and themes (e.g., social systems strengthening in Tanzania)
- Write-up analysis as contributions to briefing notes, funding proposals and strategy documents.
- Work with the Country Offices (CO)and global communication team to update content for Pact’s websites.
- Liaise with country offices as required.
- Support planning and preparation for specific workshops and events.
- Assist with logistics for workshops and field visits.
- Work with RD/DRD to consolidate Country Office inputs on operationalizing the global strategy.
- Support Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director Africa in other programmatic tasks as required.
Communications Support (25%)
- Support the creation and uploading of content for the Pact website and social media platforms.
- Assist the RD/DRD in coordination with Pact’s communications team in the organization of key events and communication opportunities, such as major regional conferences, discussions, and program launches.
- Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the iComms team.
- Share regional content via social media, especially Instagram and Twitter, and other social networks.
- Support country offices with review and edits on presentations and other materials.
- Other tasks related to graphic design, web design, web content
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences or related field.
- 1+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in program administration is required. Background with non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Basic understanding of usability, content optimization for the web, and search.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian national.
Programs and Communication Assistant Job Vacancy at Pact
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online (through Email: email@example.com identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line). Only the applications sent online will be reviewed.
The closing date for applications is on Tuesday, October 31st, 2023.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.