Website Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital
Sokoine is among 28 Regional Referral Hospitals appointed from the Government Gazette 46 of 12th November 2010.
Background Of Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital
Sokoine is among 28 Regional Referral Hospitals appointed from the Government Gazette 46 of 12th November 2010. Before October 2018 it was under President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government. By Presidential announcement it was shifted to operate under the Ministry of Health. Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital is a Government hospital serving the Population of 1.2 million.The project is aiming to implementations the following activities:-
- Construction of 22 ramps in the Eye Department at Sokoine RRH and to 21 health facilities in Lindi.
- Capacity building through Training of medical staff in Ophthalmological Department (Long and Short courses)
- Conduct outreach of eye screening visits and surgical camps (both Children and Adults).
- Procurement of Ophthalmological equipment at the Primary level and Regional Referral Hospital
- Procurement of Low vision aid, hearing aid for Inclusive and vulnerable People and those with disabilities.
Sokoine-Regional Referral-Hospital in Collaboration with CBM International would like to recruit two positions; One Project coordinator and One Accountant. The purpose of these positions is to ensure effective and efficient implementation of Comprehensive Eye Care programmed under department of Ophthalmology.
|TITTLE:||Project Accountant (1)|
|DEPARTMENT:||Department of Opthalmology|
|LOCATION:||Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time|
|DURATION:||Employment Contract will be 48 months, with the|
|possibility to extend depending on the availability of|
Structure of Authority
The Accountant will report to Chief Accountant at Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget and Plans
- Prepare for periodic (quarterly and annual) financial budgets and monitor expenditure against the approved budgets.
- Prepare and conduct periodic reviews on budget performance and ensure alignment to the signed agreement between SRR and CBM.
- To post daily transaction, prepare Trial Balance, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
- To examine and analyze accounting records and managing the financial risk of the projects.
- To maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- To ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- To process all payments ensuring that proper supporting documents are included and they are properly approved before payments are made.
- To ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools such as cheque books and payment vouchers.
- To ensure Imprest are issued and retired with proper supporting documents before issuing of the new Imprest.
- To reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
2 .Cash flow projection & forecast
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- To process all payments (cash and bank) for the Project ensuring that they are properly approved by the Authority.
- Analyze financial risk assessment for the project and ensure placement upon the mitigation strategies
- To monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with donor.
- To ensure that purchases are done and received in accordance with procurement guidelines of Sokoine Hospital and CBM.
- To organize and manage the annual external audit of CBM Projects and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations, in close collaboration with the Director of Finance.
- To submit timely, accurate and complete reports including Project Plan Reports to the CBM as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- To maintain proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in compliance with sokoine and CBM procedures and standards.
- To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of Department, Project Lead and Project Coordinator.
- To prepare and submit request of funds to donor based on Approved budget.
Project Accountant Job Vacancy at Sokoine Regional Referral Hospital
3.Logistics and Procurements
- In collaboration with program team, develop and submit annual procurement plan in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required documents as per SRR and CBM
Qualification and experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advance Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any other related fields from recognized University/Institution CPA is an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a related field from a reputable organization.
- Extensive experience in managing donor funded projects, and working with International NGOs is an added advantage
- Specialized knowledge in an automated Accounting packages e.g. Quick Books is a plus
- Good understanding of international and local organizations financial practices
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at minimum supervision, attentive to details and team builder.
Skills and attributes:
The key skills and attributes have been identified for the role of Accountant which is essential and desirable:
- Self-motivated and integrity.
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- Business acumen and interest.
- Having organizational skills and the ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Information Technology
- Analytical ability
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of numeracy
Mode of Application:
Applications should be addressed to the Hospital Director Sokoine RRH address as above, accompanied by certified relevant certificates, Curriculum vitae, names and Telephone numbers of referees.
The application can be submitted by email: Email: Sokoinerrh@afya.go.tz
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to Sokoinerrh@afya.go.tz